Walk Away the Pounds Express Walk Strong Workout  » Health  »
  • I decided to start another day off right with my new love, the Walk Away the Pounds Express Program

• by Jude244

I decided to start another day off right with my new love, the Walk Away the Pounds Express Program. The Walk Strong workout is thirty minutes long and is equivalent to two miles. This Particular workout also requires a stretch band for completion of the included resistance exercises.

After a warm up which included marching, side steps, gentle kicks, and knee lifts, which increased intensity, we moved straight to firming. Unlike other Walk Away the Pound workouts, which provided resistance training while walking, here we stopped walking to do a number of exercises with the stretch band.

To start with, we all placed the band under one food and did squats to work the thighs and gluts. Next we

did bicep curls and then switched legs to do squats and bicep curls on the other side. After that we did back rows by placing the band under one foot, leaning forward over bent knee, and then pulled the band back with both arms.

From there we went back to brisk walking at a much more rapid pace, and then went to clapping side steps. Next we walked some more, before progressing to knee lifts and then back again to walking. Here we all kicked higher, walked and then did more clapping side steps.

I liked the walk portions of this workout there was a lot of energy, and one of the songs sounded a little like the Mortal Combat theme song. One great thing is that once you learn the four core moves of the in home walking program, you can try all kinds of Walk Away the Pounds Workouts and know the foundation.

After that, we went back to do more toning exercises with the stretch band. Although I hated to stop walking at this point, I did understand that we brought out heart rate up and were also involving more muscle groups by adding the stretch band exercises.

For the next interval, we did lunges with the bands, and then triceps kick backs by putting the band under one foot and pulling the arm back. Next, we switched sides, did the two exercises again,

• Walk Away the Pounds Express Walk Strong Workout
      and then did chest presses to work the shoulders, chest and biceps.

I really like that this workout was broken up into intervals rather than just walking but I still wanted to walk more whenever we stopped to do the toning. I would have preferred to do one full mile of walking followed by toning rather than stopping after a song or so to the stretch band moves.

The next walk was also very brisk and had a song that sounded as if a New Order song had been redone in Techno. This part was very fast with kick backs, and pull downs followed by walking forward and back with claps and knee lifts.

For the final

toning interval, we did squats and then moved to bicep curls. Then we switched sides and then did cross over pulses; by placing the band across the back and crossing the two sides of the band in front of the chest for pulses. Finally we did a triceps move and then stopped to perform cool down stretches.

While this workout is a nice change of pace from the other Walk Away the Pounds workouts, I still liked the walking portions better and would probably save this workout for times when I am less interested in walking or when I want to shake things up a bit. In all it was still a good workout, just not my favorite one of the series.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 343041047220430/k2311a043/4.3.10