The 5 Factor Diet and Fitness Plan  » Health  »
  • The Five Factor Diet and Fitness plan is a very interesting approach to what can often be a complex equation of food combination and exercise strategies

• by Jude244

When ever I start a new diet and fitness program I always wonder how difficult or complex it will be. For instance, will I have to weigh each food item, know the calorie content of every morsel, or have to break each meal in to ratios of protein and carb amounts? Will I have to assign a certain number of point values, or be limited to certain food groups to choose from?

Diets should never be this difficult and eating after careful calculations of every crumb is just not realistic or fun. That’s why I was really curious when I heard about the Five Factor Diet, which was sweeping through Hollywood, and picking up devotees like Halle Berry and Robert Downey Jr.

While I am not star-struck by nature, I do realize celebrities must maintain attractive weights and physical appearances just to keep up with industry standards. I guess I really wanted to

know the secret behind some of Hollywood’s best kept figures and if an average person could see above average results.

The Five Factor Diet and Fitness plan is a very interesting approach to what can often be a complex equation of food combination and exercise strategies. Here, the number 5 really ties together both the diet and fitness aspects in an easy to remember simplification.

For starters, the diet plan revolves around a five meal a day plan, which uses five ingredients per recipe and requires five minutes prep time. After some of the diets plans I have been on, this is really an important change and advantage.

According to the program, the benefits to eating additional small meals, is that you have less of a tendency to over eat at the meals because of their frequency and the types of food involved. Also, by eating in this manner your blood sugar ...

• is said to stay more stable and thwart the insulin releases that encourage fat storage.

I for one hate the persistent hunger involved with other diets that I have tried. I also now realize that now that previous diets I used may have adversely affected my blood sugar and contributed to fat storage in ways I never really understood before.

That’s why I actually like the Five Factor Diet. It allows me frequent meals that curb hunger and keeps my blood sugar from my usual highs and lows.

With this plan I was given a shopping list, the 25 must haves for my kitchen and tons of recipes. The recipes include meals such as French toast and Lasagna, and don’t leave you feeling diet deprived like some of the half grape fruit wonders that I have suffered through. They also only contain five ingredients, so they don’t take long to prepare.

Even the fitness plan uses the number five to help provide easy to follow specifications. Here, I worked out five times a week, doing 5 five minute phases. The phases included a cardio warm up, strength training upper body, lower body, core training, and finally a cardio work.

For these workouts I needed a stability ball, hand weights and an incline bench. The exercises weren’t difficult and changed daily by phase and the number of reps changed by week. The more experienced exerciser had to do additional sets of each.

While I would never say a diet or fitness plan will work for everyone, I can say that I liked the structure of the meal plan and others may also enjoy the five small meals over other plans. I also liked that the exercise plan required very little equipment, can be done at home, and that it varied by day to keep it interesting.

The 5 Factor Diet and Fitness Plan

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 343041047190430/k2311a043/4.3.10