Diesel Fuel for Life Pour Femme Fragrance
  • Little did I know my brother and I share the same passion for fragrances
  • I thought the perfume had a trivial scent that sucked me back to the 90's
  • I believe this would certainly be well-suited for the younger consumers who prefer a heady scent with a pretty bouquet note
  • However, if you like to experience a modern twist from the usual floral then this is a prospective buy

• by jhunie

Little did I know my brother and I share the same passion for fragrances. Some two years ago, I’ve read aplenty of rave reviews about this acclaimed pair of perfumes from magazines. My brother happened to have bought the Fuel for life pour Homme fragrance and knowing we’re in the same vein when it comes to perfumes, he thoughtfully snagged a good deal of buying the pour Femme counterpart as well because the duo were sold at a discounted price. Well, glad to have my sibling as a benefactor and I was more grateful to receive the perfume that I’ve been secretly craving for a long time. A few quick whiffs of Diesel’s Fuel for Life pour Femme sent a confusing message. I thought the perfume had a trivial scent that sucked me back to the 90’s. I was confounded at first then pondered hard

until I realized it smelt slightly so similar to Poison….gotcha!

But in fairness to poison, Fuel for life has a more contemporary feel as manifested by its ascetic fruity smell at the beginning which is sour and fresh. The opening scent is kinda punchy for my unprovocative taste but not blatantly nauseous or shoved in your face. It sort of creeps into your senses as the smell complicates to something spicy and floral. The scent I thought lacked the sweetness of a true Jasmin. I can’t say it’s a bitter note but a tinge of what seems like a berry vibe in it and light. The mixture is weird, it’s like a juicy beverage on one side then a spicy tone on the other. Maybe if I can dupe it a little bit I would make the jasmin more catchy and simple.

The base is musky and ...

• very oriental. I didn’t like this perfume because there’s a tug of war between the concoction. There’s a height of euphoria on the start but lands with a thud as the fragrance dries. The perfume certainly has a surge of energy going on, it’s even more energetic than feminine. It also doesn’t have the baggy excess of dark bitter tones that are characteristic of Poison. I didn’t end up loving the perfume because it made me silly as if wearing a girly cologne. I believe this would certainly be well-suited for the younger consumers who prefer a heady scent with a pretty bouquet note. Smelling the male version of this scent actually attracted me, I supposed there was more depth to the scent and comparably cleaner.

I was kicking my heels when I first got this perfume because of the peculiar but creative packaging.

It’s an oval shaped bottle wrapped around a novelty looking nylon net. I initially guessed….fishy? Or maybe it was an ocean-inspired fragrance. All of these presumptions turned out to be a mistake. Since the bottle was only handed to me by my brother, I didn’t know exactly how much this was priced. Though I saw one auctioned at Ebay for 34 dollars - quite dirt cheap. For people who are fond for purely floral scents, this is not what you’re looking for. However, if you like to experience a modern twist from the usual floral then this is a prospective buy.

To put it simply, Fuel for Life has the makings of a good perfume but this is not the kind of fragrance for me. I’ll give it 6 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 563041047140430/k2311a043/4.3.10