The Face Shop Nail Lacquer in OR203  » Cosmetics  »
  • Well I thought this nail polish was a beauty in the making, I just wished the brand would improve the polish with a more sturdy quality

• by jhunie

Before hitting on a poolside party with a couple of friends and neighbors, I wanted all of a sudden to shed away the sedate colors on my tips. I went looking for fluorescent colors to match the occasion and maybe catch some attention submissively with a pair of colorful hands. I then spent extra bucks on some cheap finds, one of which was a truly covetable nail polish, not really for its average quality, rather for the fabulous color that has earned me noteworthy attention. My friends love my orange nails, something I give credit to this nail lacquer by a brand called The Face Shop. Although one bitter fact was that it hardly lasted a full week. In the end, it served its purpose.

The color is nothing short of a show-off which is a bright orange hue. It doesn’t have a fluorescent property nor is it neon with a

glow-in-the-dark stint. The shade is a plain bold pop color, it’s like I dabbed crayons on my hands. The nail polish is like an extract from an Andy Warhol painting for instance. But the orange nail color has a warmer tone on nails and isn’t highly offsetting my skin. The orange is more of a dirty carrot than a peachy tangerine. I even think it goes well with my tan. In a minimally lighted setting, it appears to have a brownish shade on it. But with ample sunshine the orange pops out more vividly.

I liked the polish because it had a thin consistency and very fluid in terms of application. I just had to be careful not to load too much paint on the flat brush so no excess falls on the sides. To prevent any streaking, or drippy textures, I tend to lay my hands flat ...

• for several minutes to dry the lacquer and make sure the polish stays flat and evenly coated. Even though the paint is thin, it’s actually much pigmented. That said, I didn’t fuss myself too much whether I should reapply another coat. I finished everything in minutes without breaking a sweat. I was quite happy with how the colors turned out. I deemed applying another second coat would change the sheerness of the color and make it too dark so I left it that way. The nail color was already glossy by itself but I wanted to laminate the shine a little further and top it with a glosser.

I can’t help intentionally putting my hands over my face while bathing in the pool to flaunt the color. After two days, I immediately saw some chipping on my nails. And at the end of the week it was all degraded.

It wasn’t hard removing the nail lacquer, but I can’t imagine painting my nails all over again. But for the color, I did it anyway and for the second round, reassured myself to put another coat so it wouldn’t wear off too soon. The proper name of the shade was OR203. I also have the BL603 which is true neon blue. I only paid 2 dollars for this nail polish, nothing that could cause you to break the bank. Well I thought this nail polish was a beauty in the making, I just wished the brand would improve the polish with a more sturdy quality. But I have to accept not all nail lacquers are as good as Chanel polishes. And for all the happy moments it gave me, I’ll give it a 9.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313041047120430/k2311a043/4.3.10