SM Megamall  » Shopping  »
2EDSA, Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong City, Philippines
  • There was a security guard to control the traffic but in most of my experience, I did not see it often
  • On a lighter note, I like how complete this Mall is in terms of various shops

• by becca5040

When you pass by EDSA riding an MRT, upon reaching Ortigas station, this is the landmark that will welcome you. Since we have a unit in one of the condominiums around Ortigas, I normally shop here.

I did not like that it lacks the safety measures for pedestrians. When you alight at Ortigas station, you need to walk in a narrow-fenced covered walk to the path going to the mall. The pedestrian lane traverse the exit point for the parking space. Normally if there is no security guard on duty, you need to double check and watch carefully especially if there are reckless drivers. I did not like how they placed the exit point for the parking area. Given that it is the MRT station on that point, surely people would often take that path.

It was risky and supposing a mother with many children, how can she carefully traverse the road on a busy Sunday. There was a security guard to control the traffic but in most of my experience, I did not see it often.

I also did not like how the mall was so disorganize to place the main entrance far from the main street. From the MRT exit point which is the entrance already for the mall, you need to walk several meters just to be able to enter the mall. What would welcome you is the barrage of boutiques composed of a bookstore, a restaurant and a snack bar. The main entrance too was facing the parking area with a little space. It was quite a challenge because during busy days like Sunday afternoon, people will ...

• flock around the entry point too disorganized that the queue would sometimes reach the parking space. We need to queue because of the manual inspection that they conduct to ensure safety. This was a good point though but the entrance was not situated properly.

The lobby on the main building is too small compared to SM Mall of Asia or even SM Cebu. It was narrow and it was dim. I did not like why it was not well lit. I went there during the morning when I joined my gym class which has a branch in this Mall.

The parking area was not organized too. I was bewildered with the experience that I don’t bring my car whenever I have something to buy in this place.

On a lighter note, I like how complete

this Mall is in terms of various shops. It has a fitness center, imported and local brands, banks, famous restaurants. It is also good that it has state of the art movie theater and an Imax theater which shows 3D movies.

This mall is composed of two buildings and you cannot finish the entire area in one day if you wish to enter every shop that you want to visit.

This is also a great alternative for you to shop because it has adjacent malls beside it. Shang-rila Plaza is just meters away. This is an upscale shopping mall too. There is Robinson’s Galleria on the right side. The Podium and even near Asian Development Bank. Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn hotels are adjacent to this shopping mall so location is really a big plus.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 243041046750430/k2311a043/4.3.10