Metallica - Of Wolf And Man (Song)  » Music  »
  • I believe my reasoning for this is because Hetfield really drives this song with his voice, probably one of the best examples of a song on this record which he just drives his voice
  • Generally, a Metallica song will be driven half by the music itself and then the other half by Hetfield’s vocals, but on Of Wolf And Man I believe like he drives the entire track
  • Also, a final note is that anyone who enjoys the album version of this track, I’d highly recommend the version that Metallica did with The San Francisco Symphony for S&M

• by grimmy101

Of Wolf And Man is my personal favorite aggressive track on The Black Album. Overall, my favorite song on this album would have to be The Unforgiven, but as far as one of the aggressive tracks on this album, Of Wolf And Man would certainly be my favorite.

I believe my reasoning for this

is because Hetfield really drives this song with his voice, probably one of the best examples of a song on this record which he just drives his voice.

The music honestly just strikes me as being support for Hetfield on this track, but he really drives it himself.

Generally, a Metallica song will be driven half by the music itself and then the other half by Hetfield’s vocals, but on Of Wolf And Man I believe like he drives the entire track.

The structure to Of Wolf And Man isn’t anything extremely special, although it does have some changes around the time of the solo which is nice ...

• Metallica - Of Wolf And Man (Song)
      for changing the song around.

Also, a final note is that anyone who enjoys the album version of this track, I’d highly recommend the version that Metallica did with The San Francisco Symphony for S&M.

The vocal performance by both James and Jason on that live performance is excellent the trade off between the

two is great.

Slightly off topic, but I just have to recommend that for people who enjoy this song.

It’s a shame that one of my favorite tracks off of The Black Album really isn’t even close to some of my favorites from the first four records, but nevertheless, Metallica continue on in a solid fashion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 142041046140930/k2311a042/4.2.10