Tree House of Horror XVII  » TV  »
2.5
  • But, overall, I thought the episode was more stupid than funny
  • As much as I like the Simpsons, I think this latest episode is proof that the show is losing it's edge and maybe it's time for Fox to put it out of its misery

• by Steve
      I used to love watching the Simpsons but no longer watch too many of the newer episodes. Last night’s latest edition, Tree House of Horror XVII reminded me of why.

In it’s annual Halloween special,

the Simpsons spoofed War of the Worlds, Golem and the Blob.

I saw a lot of blood, some gross scenes and did get a laugh or two from it.

But, overall, I thought the episode ...

• was more stupid than funny.

If anything, rather than spoofing three films, they should have stuck to the War of the Worlds sketch and expanded it to take up the entire episode.

I think that

would have been funnier.

As much as I like the Simpsons, I think this latest episode is proof that the show is losing it’s edge and maybe it’s time for Fox to put it out of its misery.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101011104610530/k2311a1110/11.10.06