Korg Pandora PX4D Guitar and Bass Effects
  • I bought this so I could practice bass without annoying my housemates I previously used a practice amp with headphones but this little box takes up less room and does the same job
  • As a headphone amp it works quite well the sound quality is good although not perfect and it does require decent headphones for the best sound
  • I'm pretty sure I haven't used half of the effects this is capable of and probably never will but I'm happy I bought it and my housemates appreciate the silent practice sessions at 11pm

• by essjaydee

I bought this so I could practice bass without annoying my housemates I previously used a practice amp with headphones but this little box takes up less room and does the same job.

This works for guitar and bass and has effects for both with around 150 in total you can combine different amps, cabs and effects to get the sound you want. There are also 100 different rhythms built in so you can practice along with a drummer without annoying the neighbours.

There is an aux in port so you can plug in your MP3 or CD player and play along with the tracks. You can

also loop certain parts if you are having difficulty playing them and change the pitch of the original to a different key. There is also a bass cancelling effect so you can cancel the bass on the original so you hear yourself playing over the track. I’ve found these functions great for learning new tracks and working out difficult parts in songs.

I mainly use this as a headphone amp to use it as an effects box playing live would be possible but the dials and buttons are small and too easily moved to use on a stage.

As a headphone amp it works quite well ...

• the sound quality is good although not perfect and it does require decent headphones for the best sound. Although the sound quality isn’t perfect it is still as good as plenty of the practice amps I’ve tried. Most of the features are pretty easy to use and the manual is easy to understand for the ones that aren’t so obvious.

The built in tuner is handy and easy to use for guitar or bass and the drum sequences are great for practicing bass. A lot of the effects are aimed at guitarists rather than bassists but there’s still plenty to use for bass as well.

This is

great for home practice and warming up backstage before you play and it’s small enough to chuck in your gig bag and runs on batteries or mains power. I get around 3 hours use from rechargeable batteries but power adaptors would be worth a look if you practice a lot.

This a great little box which has made home practice a lot easier for me and helped me learn songs a lot quicker. I’m pretty sure I haven’t used half of the effects this is capable of and probably never will but I’m happy I bought it and my housemates appreciate the silent practice sessions at 11pm!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162041045950830/k2311a042/4.2.10