Peavey Millenium Bass Guitar  » Electronics  »
  • I paid £175 new for mine the list price is around £200 but there are plenty of bargains to be had if you look online
  • I think I was maybe unlucky with this one though as i know a few others who have bought this bass and it was playable out of the box
  • Overall I am very happy with the bass and the way it plays and would recommend it to anyone looking for a first bass to learn on or a reasonable priced bass to gig with

• by essjaydee

This was bought as a back up bass for practice at home,rehearsals and as a back up for gigs. I paid £175 new for mine the list price is around £200 but there are plenty of bargains to be had if you look online.

When the bass arrived it needed to be set up as out of the box there was some fret buzz. The bass only needed a few minor adjustments to sort it out but I would have preferred if the shop had set it up before sending it out I would hate for a kid to get their first bass and it to be unplayable due to fret buzz

and a bad set up. I think I was maybe unlucky with this one though as i know a few others who have bought this bass and it was playable out of the box!

This is a really nice looking bass with some features usually found on higher price basses like through body stringing and quilt effect top. My bass is a see through black colour with a quilted top effect it looks great and every light seems to show it differently. The neck is maple with a rosewood fretboard which is well finished and plays great.

The two J style pickups are unbranded but as good as the pickups on any ...

• other entry level bass I’ve tried. I’ve played everything from rock to funk and blues with this bass and it has handled them all.

The neck is really thin which is great for smaller hands and beginners and perfect for anyone who likes to play fast. If you are used to thick P bass necks or have big hands you might find the neck on this too slim but anyone who likes jazz necks will be happy!

I changed the stock strings for Rotosound flats when the bass arrived so I can’t really comment on the stock strings but it sounds and plays great with the flats on it. The tuners and

bridge like most basses in this price range are pretty basic but the bass stays in tune and everything still works so they can’t be too bad.

I’ve had this for over 2 years now and in that time it has been played daily at home done countless rehearsals and played a couple of gigs and so far it still plays like it did two years ago and apart from a couple of very minor scratches it still looks like new.

Overall I am very happy with the bass and the way it plays and would recommend it to anyone looking for a first bass to learn on or a reasonable priced bass to gig with.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162041045910830/k2311a042/4.2.10