Continental Jewelers  » Jewelry  »
1001 Connecticut Avenue Northwest #210, Washington, DC 20036
  • However, I was pleasantly surprised that they quoted me only $25 dollars for the ring repair (it was not complex) and the battery change (1 watch this time)

• by Laryana

I worked in the Farragut North area of DC for many years and I walked by Continental Jewelers all the time. A few years ago, I moved out of the area and when I recently returned, the office building where the store was located had been torn down.

I needed to get a ring repaired as well as some watch batteries changed and searched to

see if they had relocated. I was glad to see they did - right across the street.

Oddly, they are located in the suite of an office building, but when I visited, they explained that they had expected to only be there temporarily, but the construction on the new building had been delayed so they had been there for a while.

The staff there are extremely pleasant,

• helpful and friendly. I often am hesitant when going to jewelry stores because you never really know if they will give you a “hard sell” or overcharge you for a repair.

However, I was pleasantly surprised that they quoted me only $25 dollars for the ring repair (it was not complex) and the battery change (1 watch this time).

I had taken my ring to another

area jeweler and they had quoted me $40 to just repair the ring.

I dropped off my ring and watch at Continental Jewelers early in the week and the turnaround was quick - I had both items back by the end of the week! I was very pleased with the result.

I have recommended this location to many friends and everyone has had positive experiences.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 452041045740830/k2311a042/4.2.10