Maxi Professional Maximum Hair Glue Remover
2.0
  • I decided to try this product hoping that it would make it easier to remove my hair extensions
  • Although the hair extensions finally were able to be removed, I was disappointed that I had to use something else with the glue remover in order for me to be able to remove my hair extensions
  • I believe that just using the cheap hair conditioner would have been just effective if no more than using this product alone
  • I would not use the product again, and I would not recommend this product for anyone else to use

• by simply_fabulous

For most women who wear hair extensions, the beauty of the additional hair is often balanced with the pain and frustration of removing the extensions, especially in cases where the hair has been attached through the process of hair bonding. While using hair glue to attach wefted hair to the head is a fair quick and inexpensive process, improperly removing the bonded tracks can cause hair loss and permanent baldness. I decided to try this product hoping that it would make it easier to remove my hair extensions.

Prior to removing my hair extensions, I had my hair styled for about a month. Because

one of my friends was about to get married, I decided that it was time for me to remove my hair to get it restyled. I have natural or chemically free African American hair that is extremely thick and coarse. During the time that my hair extensions were in, I washed and deep conditioned my hair once a week and most of the time I styled my hair using my flat iron. Despite all of the manipulation that I did to my hair extensions, they were still attached very well to my scalp which had me somewhat worried about whether I would be
      able to easily remove them.

According to the label on the back of this glue remover, the product is designed to loosen the bond between the wefted track of hair and the scalp. ‘’Using a Q-tip, I applied the glue remover underneath the hair tracks, and then I used a toothbrush to work it in (which is exactly what he directions stated). I waited a while before I began to attempt to remove the hair extensions just to make sure that the product had taken effect. I check my hair and was surprised that only a few of my hair extensions were loose ...

• Maxi Professional Maximum Hair Glue Remover
      enough to remove, and I had to use more force that I wanted to in order for those to get out. After becoming somewhat frustrated, I decided to try something else. I used the glue remover in conjunction with some cheap conditioner in order to remove the hair extensions. Although this did make removing the hair a lot easier, I still had difficulty and ended up loosing some of my hair.

to remove my hair extensions. I believe that just using the cheap hair conditioner would have been just effective if no more than using this product alone. I feel that I completely wasted my money on a product that was completely ineffective at doing its sole purpose for use. I would not use the product again, and I would not recommend this product for anyone else to use. I would rate it a 4 out of 10. Although the cream bond remover did remove a few of my hair extensions, it was overall very ineffective and made the whole hair extension removing process more frustrating.

Maia says :

oops I meant to ask if anyone has experienced headaches once they have applied the product?

Galega says :

Headache is among the possible side effects of this hair glue. In fact, it is quite common side effects of almost all hair glue available in the market. If your headache comes every time you use this, then you need to discontinue using it.

Maia says :

Hi, I wanted to say that I totally agree with the person who recommended the conditioner as opposed to the Maxi Professional Maiximum Hair Glue Remover. I actually tried something else which was quite effective vaseline Cake the stuff on. Put conditioner on first with your hand forget the q-tip then apply the vaseline. all the best Maia

Simply_Fabulous replies :

Hi, it has been a long time since I used hair glue in my hair. I only used this remover a few times so I don`t remember experiencing any headaches. I honestly think anything oily or greasy is better to use than this glue.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311041045610930/k2311a041/4.1.10