Clarins Smoothing Body Scrub for a new skin, Gentle Body Exfoliator  » Cosmetics  »
  • Slowly, I thought my body was close to flawless

• by jhunie

Of all the exfoliating products I’ve used as a rough-skinned consumer. This was the only body scrub that made a lasting impression to my skin. I didn’t mind getting my skin abraded as long as I was able to buff out the bumpy areas of my body. Beyond just evening out my body’s texture, I’m hoping to clear my skin from the grain-y blackheads and whiteheads that had plagued my back and bust area. Clarins Smoothing Body Scrub did not feel anything special than the exfoliating cleansers I’ve had in the past. But I was utterly pleased by the results brought about by this body wash. Like mild scrubs, I don’t emerge out of the shower feeling butchered and stripped away that’s often a characteristic of many sugar and salty body polishes. I also shrug away from very rich and natural scrubs, even though I’m an advocate for vegan products because it’s a probable consequence that my skin gets irritated as evidenced by blemishes. Even so, I tolerate the minor reactions in the hope that my skin will acclimatize to its

formula; sadly that’s never the case.

In the span of 3 months that I scrubbed with Clarins, it hardly ensued any skin reactions. Instead, I was finally able to get past the seemingly unrelenting fits of flare ups on my back plus the coarse prominent pores that make me unappreciative to feel my bust area. After a short period of scrubbing, it didn’t seem to affect the target areas of my body; yet, I could already discern that my skin was becoming fairly smoother. Until I had allowed myself more time to use the scrub, in 2 months, I had become aware that my back’s condition was recovering. it felt less bumpy and the usual clusters of whiteheads had been replaced by an even texture. Slowly, I thought my body was close to flawless. Conversely, I further assessed myself in the mirror and thereby, clarified my suspicion, but was bothered by the spots and scars that served remnants of my previously bad skin. My back looked patched up, it was an unnerving sight. Regardless, I was grateful that ...

• my skin had no impurities and looked forward that my skin would heal fast.

On the bust, my pores felt less engorged and some of the black heads disappeared. I thought that was quite a plausible achievement in my years of backbreaking scrubs, still, there remained chicken skinned pock marks but the pores had flattened and truly smooth. Now it feels so good to touch myself. My joints, referring to my knees and elbows were still darker as they normally are. But the skin there feels tightened and polished. This also works quite well for the feet, imagine a soothing foot scrub that buffs out the dried soles and thick calluses, it’s perfectly capable to emulate the deed. Somehow, I also felt it had, to a certain degree, affected the growth of ingrown hair on my legs since the act of exfoliating is known to deprive hair growth in some areas of the body. The smooth luster that the scrub leaves on my legs, gives me a cue that I’m up to delay my depilating, hair removal regimen.

That’s a ton of benefits I had outlined.

The smoothing exfoliator has a creamy dry consistency like paste and less gel-like. There are micro beads suspended on the scrub and doesn’t feel too abrasive at all. It doesn’t have a played out scent compared to the home-made-appeal friendly body scrubs I had used before. The scent is crisp and more botanical with a soapy smell. I wasn’t awed by the smell of this body wash but it’s neither unlikeable. Clarins smoothing body scrub’s major ingredient is called bamboo powder which constitutes the beads found on it, together with moringa, and liquorice to name a few. This body buffer lathers moderately and not foaming. I’m still on my first tube which so far has succeeded me 3 months and I assume it’s still sufficient enough for the next couple of months. The product is retailed for 30 dollars, still attainable for those wanting a gentle yet effective body scrub. My rating for this tried-and-true product is a perfect 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311041044630730/k2311a041/4.1.10