Hot Lips Pizza, Portland Oregon  » Restaurants  »
1909 SW 6th Ave Portland Oregon
  • Hands down, the best pizza in Portland, Oregon (and perhaps the world
  • And no trip to Hot Lips would be complete without one of their amazing breadsticks, Either the Basil Pesto Breadstick or the Roasted Garlic Parmesan is almost a meal on its own
  • Just thinking about Hot Lips has made me hungry, so I think I’ll walk over and enjoy a slice right now

• by Paula Harris

Hands down, the best pizza in Portland, Oregon (and perhaps the world??) is found at Hot Lips Pizza. Since 1984, Hot Lips has been delighting the taste buds of Portlanders with their unique pies made with fresh, locally grown, organic ingredients. From their original downtown location surrounded by the Portland State University (PSU) campus, this family-owned business has grown to 5 pizzerias and a mobile oven that travels to farmers markets and festivals throughout the region. Their focus on finding sustainable ways of

doing business fits right into the culture of Portland, a city known for its focus on sustainability.

Have I ever had a bad slice at Hot Lips? Never! Do I have favorites? Too many to list. If pressed to name my favorite veggie pie, it would be the Veggie Nirvana made with roma tomatoes, roasted red peppers, onions artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, mushrooms, and chopped garlic. My favorite meat pie is the Smoked Bacon and Local Spinach which is topped with roasted red peppers and ...

• mushrooms. Regardless of the choice, their slices never disappoint.

And no trip to Hot Lips would be complete without one of their amazing breadsticks, Either the Basil Pesto Breadstick or the Roasted Garlic Parmesan is almost a meal on its own.

How do I like to wash down my meal? Some days, I choose from their selection of local microbrews on tap. In summer, my beverage of choice typically is their own brand of soda made from Oregon grown fruit in yummy flavors that

include Boysenberry, Raspberry, Blackberry, Pear, and my latest favorite, Lemon-Apple.

At the PSU location, the restaurant is always as clean as the service is fast. In winter, the warmth of the pizza ovens makes for a cozy environment. In summer, the outdoor patio offers an inviting location to soak up some rays.

I’m lucky that I both live and work only 2 blocks from the PSU location. Just thinking about Hot Lips has made me hungry, so I think I’ll walk over and enjoy a slice right now.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71041043900630/k2311a041/4.1.10