The Paris visite travel card  » Travel  »
  • Before buying Paris pass consider how many days you will need it and which zones you will be using for
  • But I would recommend it to buy ata ticket office, because you will get at the same time magnetic ticket and the accompanying non-transferable card

• by Andrius

I have heard about Paris visite pass from my friend and decided to try it for my recent Paris sightseeing visit. I have found it very helpful and comfortable for my trip. Instead of buying lots of metro, buses, train tickets you have to purchase once one ticket for all kind transportations. With this Paris pass you don’t have to worry about having enough change to get ticket or mix valid tickets with already used once which left in your pocket, or stay in long lines to get tickets on rush hours.

Paris visit pass is a special travel pass which gives you unlimited travel on metro, buses, RER trains and Trasilien SNCF trains. Before buying Paris pass consider how many days you will need it and which zones you

will be using for. It is valid 1, 2, 3 or 5 consecutive days in zones 1-3 or 1-6.

I have found that if you active tourist and mostly you want to see famous objects in Paris centre then Paris visit pass for zones 1-3 is fine, price is 28,90 euros for 5 days. But if you want to see other objects which are further than Paris centre including Palace Versailles, Cathedral Saint Dennis and so on… then you need to purchase paris pass for 1-6 zone, price for 5 days 49,40 euros. Be aware that zone 1-3 does not include your trip from any airport, but Paris visit pass for 1-6 zones covers mostly all airports.

You can buy pass at ticket office or at a ticket machine. But I ...

• would recommend it to buy ata ticket office, because you will get at the same time magnetic ticket and the accompanying non-transferable card. They say at their official website that if you make your purchase at ticket machine you will only receive the magnetic ticket and then you should request the non-transferable card at ticket office or information counter.

Wtihout this non-transferable card you will be traveling in breach of law. I have purchased it at a ticket machine and couldn’t get at any ticket office that non-tranferable card. They said at ticket office that magnetic ticket is the only thing that I need.

So I still left confused, did I need that non-tranferable card or not. So I would highly recommend buying it at ticket office in order not toget so

confused as I was. Make sure that you ask at the information desk for Paris pass booklet with some great reductions for most monuments and museums or you can read about it on their website http://www.

ratp. info. I really didn’t find people working at information desk and ticket office helpful, because some of them barely spoke English and didn’t offer any booklets about reductions and other advantages about this card.

When you about to purchase a ticket to museum or monument show your Paris visit pass to get reductions of price. They have a lot of great reduction with this Paris visit pass one of them is Lido show 50% off of price. That is great deal!

Overall I would highly recommend this Paris visit pass, if you are planning to use lot of public transportation in Paris.

leanne says :

do we need to use our three day travel card on three consecative days or can i use it eg Tuesday , Wednesday and then Saturday

Marg says :

No, it cannot, it has to be 1, 2, 3 or 5 consecutive days. You can confirm that officially here with Paris Visite:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381041043700630/k2311a041/4.1.10