Tangrams Magnetic Page A Day Calendar  » Other  »
  • It has what I thought was a very tidy and efficient set up, with a magnetic sheet and you put the puzzles in front of it
  • Some I found very obvious and others I found tricky
  • They tried to make the calendar more interesting by making the pictures more interesting but it really just made it more ambiguous
  • But I think this would make a good gift for someone who likes doing picture puzzles or tangrams, because it's small and can be kept in a corner and just done when it amuses you

• by booklover

Tangrams Magnetic Page a Day calendar seems like a fun gift or thing to have around. It has what I thought was a very tidy and efficient set up, with a magnetic sheet and you put the puzzles in front of it. The puzzle pieces are easy to manipulate and are magnets, so it is easy to keep everything together. The entire

thing is in a box which folds over and back so that your day’s page is displayed and easy to use.

There are lots of different puzzles - more than one on some days. And the puzzles vary in difficulty. Some I found very obvious and others I found tricky.

Some, however, were just weird. They tried to make the calendar more ...

• interesting by making the pictures more interesting but it really just made it more ambiguous.

In general, I can see how this would be a useful diversion for someone with an office job, maybe, but it seems like there are just too many puzzles. After a while, they’re just not as stimulating even though the quality doesn’t decrease or anything like that.

I guess I don’t really need hundreds of puzzles. But I think this would make a good gift for someone who likes doing picture puzzles or tangrams, because it’s small and can be kept in a corner and just done when it amuses you. Sadly, for me, after a while it just sat there and I missed a lot of days.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1231031043310731/k2311a0331/3.31.10