Bose Companion 2 Computer Speakers  » Electronics  »
  • When I bought these, the box contained two speakers, a left and a right one
  • It is an unnecessary feature, but I like it, and find it useful
  • I love the design of these speakers and their functionality
  • I know Bose have a good name, and these speakers certainly live up to that name
  • Other than this, I highly recommend these to anyone wanting a discrete sound system right on their desk

• by npz

The Bose Companion 2 Computer Speakers have revolutionized the sound on my laptop, and indeed the sound while I work.

I have these speakers sitting on my desk. For starter, they are very discrete and small. The speakers are well designed to fit into a desk environment, and are stainless steel in color, and angled upwards slightly. Placed either end of my desk, they blend in with the other stainless steel desk accessories that I have.

When I bought these, the box contained two speakers, a left and a right one. The speakers come with the appropriate wires to plug straight into my computer. However, I have found that I can also plug them into my

iPod dock. This means that I have turned my iPod into a music system right on my desk! I also like the fact that there is a headphone jack on the front of the speaker. This means if I want to listen to something privately, I can just put my headphones into the front, and not worry about unplugging things and replugging in others. It is an unnecessary feature, but I like it, and find it useful.

For me, the sound is amazing. Before, I was having difficulty with speakers getting the volume low enough that it did not disturb me whilst working. My old speakers only had one volume, and that was loud.

• The Bose speakers have a volume control that allows you to take the volume right down to a whisper, and yet I can still hear every note both high and low. They also allow me to crank up the volume really high and fill an entire house with sound. Only one of the two speakers has a volume dial, so you need to position this one where it is easiest for you to reach the volume.

I have had no problems with compatibility or set up. For me, they were straight out of the box, onto my desk and on and working.

I love the design of these speakers and their functionality. They do

what they say they will do, and so far they have far exceeded my expectations. I know Bose have a good name, and these speakers certainly live up to that name.

For me, the price is a little on the high side, but in return, the sound quality is amazing. I was surprised that at this price point there was no remote control needed, but given I have these on my desk, it is not a big deal to lean over and turn the dial manually. I hope in the future, Bose might add a remote control as well. Other than this, I highly recommend these to anyone wanting a discrete sound system right on their desk.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1630031042361031/k2311a0330/3.30.10