Moving Target movie  » Movies  »
2.5
  • One of the first people I noticed when the movie began was Bernie Coulson who plays musician Jeff Ackley

• by Orrymain

Moving Target could have a decent movie, but it just drags way too much to be more than so-so. The plot has some intrigue to it, but it’s poorly directed with too many long pauses and too much murkiness. I say that even though there is a huge cloak and dagger element to the movie and a mystery to be solved.

I’m not sure how

I feel about Jason Bateman’s performance as Toby Kellogg. Toby is a musician who has gone away for the summer to music school. Things get a little crazy there and he goes home, only to find his house completely empty, not just of people but of belongings. His dad had sounded really strange on the phone earlier, too, so there is a definite ...

• mystery to be solved.

Bateman has grown into a pretty good actor. Here he’s just getting out of that teenage business and developing into a young man with some seasoning. I’m not sure he had the depth for this role at this point.

One of the first people I noticed when the movie began was Bernie Coulson who plays musician Jeff Ackley. Coulson made a

huge impression on me in the movie, Eddie and the Cruisers 2: Eddie Lives. Ever since then, I’ve instantly recognized him in parts. He’ll always be Rick Diesel to me.

Jack Wagner, Chynna Phillips, and Tom Skerritt all did acceptable performances, and there was some suspense in the final part of the movie that was pretty thrilling.

Still, for me, one time is plenty for Moving Target.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1130031042181031/k2311a0330/3.30.10