Rehearsal for Murder movie  » Movies  »
  • I love the drama, as one by one we learn about the dark secrets of the cast members
  • She may not have been the best choice for the role, but she does okay

• by Orrymain

I probably haven’t seen Rehearsal for Murder since it came out way back in 1982, but I do remember it. It was a very suspenseful murder mystery, acted very well and presented beautifully. It’s been done in other shows and such before, but this is a good cast and it makes the movie very watchable.

At the heart of the matter is Alex Dennison, who gathers together a specific group of performers for his

new play. They haven’t been together in a year or so, when Alex’s fiance was murdered. You can probably guess what is happening. Alex’s new play is designed to reveal the murderer. The question is, will everyone survive the new play and will the culprit be captured?

Robert Preston plays Alex crisply and astutely. He’s a man with a plan, and he knows exactly what he’s going after. We can ...

• see this. He does a wonderful job in this part.

I love the drama, as one by one we learn about the dark secrets of the cast members. There’s a lot of attitude and a ton of questions. I wasn’t sure who the murderer was until the end.

Lynn Redgrave plays the fiance, Monica Welles, who is seen in flashbacks on the night of her death. She may not have been the best

choice for the role, but she does okay. I do believe the casting was spot on for most of the other roles. William Daniels is a stuffy nosed producer, for example. Daniels can play arrogance without even trying.

Rehearsal for Murder is suspenseful and intriguing, and it has a kicker and a wallop of an ending. To find out what happened to Monica, you’ll have to watch because I won’t spoil it here.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1130031042171031/k2311a0330/3.30.10