Purina Dog Chow  » Pets  »
  • I recently switched my fox wire terrier puppy over to Purina Dog Chow from a generic brand product, and it is amazing how much more relaxed he is, how much happier, and how much more energetic
  • I know he loves the flavor of this particular brand, and I can see the sheer happiness and energy he has derived from this product
  • The way I see it, if you are going to put the money out for a purebread dog, you might as well be prepared to feed him right, and give him the best our there

• by cjaneb877
      I always put little stock in the idea that one brand of dog food was really going to work tons better than another. Dog food is dog food, right? Wrong. I recently switched my fox wire terrier puppy over to Purina Dog Chow from a generic brand product, and it is amazing how much more relaxed

he is, how much happier, and how much more energetic. Not only that, he now loves to eat his breakfast, lunch, and dinner when before, he really was not too overly interested in indulging in any meal. I know he loves the flavor of this particular brand, and I can see the sheer happiness and energy he ...

• has derived from this product. Now, I am paying about two dollars more for Purina, than I was previously paying for generic name products, but I would far rather spend the extra dollar or two, and have a happier, healthier dog, than have a less energetic, less happy furry little friend! The way I see it, if
        you are going to put the money out for a purebread dog, you might as well be prepared to feed him right, and give him the best our there. Purina allows me to really feel good about what I am feeding my dog, because I can see how he loves eating it, and how well he functions after his meals!

Purina Dog Chow
    sheila torguson says :

I live in wy and buy my dog chow at walmart about every3-4 weeks since dec.2008 your 44lb bag has gone from16.98 to21.98 Ijust paid two weeks ago, why? why do our pets have to suffer through this economic crisris as we do? my dogs are so much heatherier and happier since i switched to purina 4 years ago but looks as if I AM GOING TO HAVE TO GO BACK TO OLD ROY my poor babies but i cant afford your food the way the price keeps going up it will be 60.00 a bag by July did dead animals go up ? I sorry I`m very upset

Corie Nolan says :

What meats and veggies are in Purina Dog Chow Nutritional Health?

Marissa says :

This makes me very sad. ALL dogs are worthy of healthy food, not just purebreds.
    If money is not an issue and you don’t mind paying more for a quality food as stated, please consider switching to a food with no by-products and cheap fillers.
    YES, the generic Walmart foods are not healthy, but the Purina,Science Diet,Iams food are not much healthier Google truth about pet food pet food by products and corn in pet foods and a whole new world will open up for you- the world of premium pet foods with human grade ingredients, not cast offs. No dangerous chemical preservatives that they will find out cause cancer 10 years later- when its too late.

Vanessa says :

Marissa, I definitely know where you’re coming from. I feed my cat holistic food made from human quality meats and vegetables. She’s incredibly beautiful and healthy at 13 years old. And I feed my 70 pound husky mix puppy only the best, and his appetite is huge since he’s still growing. I spend almost as much on their food as my own. But they are my babies, and I feel lucky that I am able to spoil them.

But the reality is that not everybody can do that. If you think about the alternatives for a moment, then ask yourself if premium food is the bottom line, most critical thing during tough times. If you have to choose between paying rent, or feeding kids, and giving Fido a fancy meal, the choice is obvious. So the other options are to give the dog up. If you can’t find a home with a financially stable owner, then are you supposed to take them to the humane society? I can assure you, they’re not serving Blue Buffalo at the shelter. And if the dog could choose between a wholesome meal or to stay with the family he loves for better or worse…we all know what the dog would choose. Obviously, it would be good if people in tough financial situations refrained from acquiring pets, but sometimes circumstances change.

I have seen ads on Craigslist for people asking for help feeding their animals, and I once gave a bag of dog food to a homeless guy and his Labrador on a cold night. But those are rare occasions when a stranger will lend a helping hand.

So… I don’t seem to have the answers. Please share your thoughts on how this whole new world can open up….and for everyone…so that all dogs and cats can be as privileged as yours and mine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291011104210430/k2311a1110/11.10.06