The Glass Bottom Boat in Catalina - movie short  » Movies  »
  • She's a top notch actress and singer, and I love her as a person, too, especially with her love and devotion to dogs

• by Orrymain

One of my favorite Doris Day films is “The Glass Bottom Boat” in which she stars with Rod Taylor and Arthur Godfrey. From 1966, The Glass Bottom Boat in Catalina is a movie short that promotes the movie. It’s narrated by Godfrey, who goes back and forth from being himself to being his character of Day’s father and the captain of a glass

bottom boat.

There’s a lot of footage of the Catalina area where the film was made, including when Day first arrived to shoot her scenes. Crowds cheered. I would have, too, since Doris is in my core group of favorite performers. She’s a top notch actress and singer, and I love her as a person, too, especially with her love and devotion to ...

• dogs.

Godfrey is quite personable in his narration of the movie, showing off the scenery and the advantages of a taking a ride on a glass bottom boat. I’ve actually done that a few times, including on the Catalina Island coast, which is in Southern California. It’s phenomenal what you can see on one of those boats.

The movie short gives just a brief idea

of what the film is about, but not much to be honest. The focus on it is more Catalina Island and how beautiful it is there.

The movie short is indeed short, but I don’t recall seeing it before. For me, it was worth the special attempt to see it today because I love behind the scenes footage and that is much of what we saw here.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1130031042081031/k2311a0330/3.30.10