Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All movie
  • The surprise to me was Edward Winter, who I normally don't like to watch

• by Orrymain

From 1989, Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All stars Stacy Keach in the title role of the famous private eye created by Mickey Spillane. This is somewhat of a weird plot that has Mike Hammer being transported covertly to Las Vegas. One thing leads to another and Hammer ends up accused of

two separate murders. It’s safe to say he has his hands full.

It’s a full cast of acting characters led by Lynda Carter and Jim Carrey. I’m not sure I even knew that Carrey had done television before making it big. Live and learn.

Carter did a pretty good job, but I’m not a fan, so she doesn’t really get to me that much. I have more fun watching Don Stroud simply because I met him one time so feel that personal connection when I see him.

The surprise to me was Edward Winter, who I normally don’t like to watch. It’s not that ...

• Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All movie
      he was suddenly a good guy or something (he’s played a bunch of villains in his career), but it was a flamboyantly brief appearance that had him being a big gun in a telethon. There was something about it that made me chuckle. I liked it.

Michelle Phillips demanded her screen time,

too. She tends to draw attention when she shows up on screen.

So, there were some notables in the cast, but the theme and film to Mike Hammer are too slow and crawling for my tastes. I’ve never been a Keach fan either so I was a bit bored even with the guest cast.

roma van demark says :

re : The surprise to me was Edward Winter, who I normally don’t like to watch
It seems like a totally new part for him.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1130031042061031/k2311a0330/3.30.10