Separate Lies movie
0.5
  • So, this was interesting, but it takes us to a standard triangle story that includes some cover up

• by Orrymain

Separate Lies was released in 2005 and I knew as soon as it started that I probably wouldn’t like it. For one thing, the list of actors, overall, aren’t my style. Tom Wilkinson, for example, supposedly as talent, but he bores me, not to mention he’s often in trouble with the law, and

that’s a turn off for me.

He’s followed by a long list of ‘who’? Aside from Emily Watson and Rupert Everett, I don’t know the actors in the picture, and that makes it more difficult to enjoy. I don’t have a connection with anyone, meaning no extra focus to keep me intrigued.

The start was ...

• very slow, too. There was a lot of talk and I didn’t care about what was being said. In all fairness, it got better as it went along, as a wife reveals being with the man accused of hitting someone while driving. In fact, she was the one driving. So, this
        was interesting, but it takes us to a standard triangle story that includes some cover up.

I tried, but the acting and the direction didn’t excite me in any way. Watching Wilkinson stare at himself in the mirror just didn’t make me curious or interested in Separate Lies at all.

For me, this movie was a total bust.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1130031042051031/k2311a0330/3.30.10