Wendy’s Baconator hamburger sandwich  » Food  »
  • Bacon cheeseburgers are my favorite fast food vice, and this Baconator is made for the bacon cheeseburger aficionado like me

• by Orrymain

In 2009, Wendy’s fast food restaurant chain introduced a new hamburger called the Baconator. I actually didn’t start eating this until the last few months, but now I really like it, and there are a few reasons for that.

First, I’m a little on the finicky side when it comes to my hamburgers. I really don’t like all those extras. You know what I

mean. Depending on the burger and fast food joint, you tend to get sauce, lettuce, pickles, onions, and tomatoes, or some variation of that theme. Really, all I want is maybe sauce, or mayonnaise, and catsup. Give me that on my burger, and I’m happy.

Many times I actually ask for my hamburger to be without all those toppings, but it’s a pain to request and some places do better than others in serving my order my way.

The point is that the Baconator doesn’t come with those extras — just the sauce. That’s serving it my way.

Second, the Baconator is made up of the hamburger, cheese, and bacon. Bacon cheeseburgers are my favorite fast food vice, and this Baconator is made for the bacon cheeseburger aficionado like me.

• Wendy's Baconator hamburger sandwich
      It’s easy to order and is exactly what I want. You can actually get this as a single, double, or triple burger. I can’t imagine buying even a double. I’m stuffed with just one of these.

Lastly, the bacon used is Applewood bacon. Now honestly, I’m not sure what is so great about Applewood bacon from a technical point of view, but

I can say that the bacon is thick and flavorful. Also, they don’t just toss on a couple of tiny pieces. When your order one of these, you get some real, all over the burger bacon.

I love the Baconator. It’s become my number one choice of foods to order at Wendy’s. It’s much better than any of their order alternatives and options for a bacon cheeseburger.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2730031042001031/k2311a0330/3.30.10