Hormel Compleats: Beef Steak & Peppers  » Food  »
  • One of the big lures for this product for me is that it's quick and convenient to prepare
  • The problem is that in actual meal you don't see that, and I believe it's from their “savory sauce” with is like gravy

• by Orrymain

I’ve tried various Hormel Compleats meals over the past year and like some better than others. This is the first one I’ve tried, though, that is from their healthier line of foods. These are in green to stand out and have the ‘created for a healthy lifestyle’ label and information on the front. The particular variety I tried was the Beef Steak & Peppers.

One of the big lures for this product for me

is that it’s quick and convenient to prepare. All you do is puncture a few holes to vent and microwave for a couple of minutes. Pull off the plastic cover and eat. That’s my style of simplicity. I’ve pointed out before that puncturing isn’t that easy, though. This plastic is a really tough one, not the flimsy clear material that you so often find with this type of microwave meal.

Here’s my ...

• beef with the product. If you look at the picture on the packaging, it looks very light in coloring,. The noodles are golden and light, the peppers are appropriately green and red. The problem is that in actual meal you don’t see that, and I believe it’s from their “savory sauce” with is like gravy. My one big pet peeve with Hormel Compleats of any variety has been the huge amount of
        gravy in the packages. I wish they’d cut back on that.

As for the taste of this product, it grew on me. My first bite was “I don’t know,” but my last bite was, “Maybe I will buy this again.” I thought the blend of the steak and the peppers was very well done, and the noodles were good, too

This is 210 calories for a filling and satisfactory meal that prepares quickly. I do recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2730031041991031/k2311a0330/3.30.10