Acer Travelmate 2420
  • Honestly, I love to travel a lot, and thought that this is a series intended for traveling
  • Primarily, during the first few years, I have never had any sort of problem with the Acer TravelMate 2420 Series
  • I really love the touchpad as well as the keyboard style
  • I have noticed that my laptop keeps on overheating even though I have only used it for less than an hour

• by Aine

Acer has been known as one of the most popular brands when it comes to laptops and even to other portable computers. Their popularity has generally increased not just in the United States but even in other people coming from different ends of the world. I should say that I was one of those people who got captivated when I first saw their Acer TravelMate series. Honestly, I love to travel a lot, and thought that this is a series intended for traveling; I’d like to give it a try. I’ve had an Acer notebook, but it is quite heavy, and I have decided to give that notebook to my little brother instead.

Primarily, during the first few years, I have never had any sort of problem with the Acer TravelMate 2420 Series. Basically, it has a sleek and simple design, and at the same time, the simple details and other features that

are found on the keyboard simply brings out the elegance on the design itself. I really love the touchpad as well as the keyboard style. When it comes to typing and browsing over the internet, I have had never problems since it is capable of detecting wireless connections, and that I don’t need a good mouse to be able to browse through the various pages. The left and right clicker on the touch pad is very easy to use, and it doesn’t give me any kind of problem at all.

The Acer TravelMate 2420 also has this build in Bluetooth device. Additionally, it comes with a card reader and a converter, making it easier to read different memory cards f different sizes. Powered by the most famous Intel, I should say that they have created another masterpiece in the form of the TravelMate 2420.

After a couple of years, that is when ...

• the problem occurred. I have noticed that my laptop keeps on overheating even though I have only used it for less than an hour. This normally happens when there is a couple of processes and/or applications that are currently running on my background. I have tried to purchase a cooling pad for this, and hoping that it can be the solution, however, it never worked. Whenever my laptop overheats, it actually slows down, and the only way that I could do to is to let my laptop rest for about fifteen minutes. If this is not done, the laptop may fluctuate at times, and also it may have this blue screen (something that I really don’t want to see)

Other features included about it that I really wanted to improve are the storage capacity, the RAM size and the built in video card. Although I must admit that I was really happy that

there is a 64-MB video card included on this laptop. Most laptops don’t have a video card, and I am pretty blessed that I chose this particular kind of model.

My Acer TravelMate 2420 Series is working until now. As a matter of fact, this is the laptop that I am still using. The price that they have offered for this laptop is reasonable and they are also offering competitive prices. I just wish that the Acer TravelMate 2420 has a built in web camera. The replacement parts are sometimes hard to find too - how I wish they could expand their stores, since it is really hard to have the laptop repaired just in case there are some maintenance problems that can be resolved. Most of the shops that I have been visiting claim that they do not have the tools and the appropriate parts needed for my Acer TravelMate 2420.

Acer Travelmate 2420

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6330031041860931/k2311a0330/3.30.10