Manila SBarro Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
4657 Pustigo Street, Intramuros, Manila
  • The cheapest I can find, I think, costs around Php 180 only, and that is a main course already
  • One time it happened to me so I thought of complaining

• by brianhacks

I have eaten in this restaurant for many times now. One thing you will notice if you go here for the first time is its casual setting. It may serve Italian food but the setting does not look elegant nor formal.

The restaurant looks trendy with wooden chairs which are polished and waxed, large pictures of the owner and a short history of the place in one corner, placed in a large frame. There are real plants in various corners of the place, and the whole area is large to fit a lot of people on a busy day.

The place

is well-located since it is near offices and a mall, where a lot of people pass by during break time to eat. The food are reasonably-priced and can be paid for by ordinary working folks who just want something to eat.

The cheapest I can find, I think, costs around Php 180 only, and that is a main course already. The appetizers all differ, but mostly are soups.

The main courses, on the other hand, are mostly of pasta, like lasagna and spaghetti, but there are other lesser-known, Italian-sounding names which I don’t remember anymore. In case you don’t know what ...

• a food is about, it has descriptions and photos to guide you, which are normal in menus.

The staff members are all friendly and polite, and you can always see someone mopping the floor or cleaning out the tables when somebody leaves, but they are discreet so as not to clean when there are many guests. They do the cleaning many times on schedule, and are always polite in asking you when you need anything.

The fod tastes great, and I feel I don’t waste my money here because the main courses are in large portions, unlike in other fastfood

chains where you get a small portion of food or whatever they serve at such ridiculous prices. A minor complaint, I think, is how they serve the food, because the sauce sometimes would drip from the plate.

One time it happened to me so I thought of complaining. They are open to suggestions, by the way, and you only have to drop them in a small box which they empty on a weekly basis.

I think that this is a good place to anyone wanting to have a good time, eat and have a good time at a low price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 730031041760931/k2311a0330/3.30.10