The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast: Hank Aaron TV Show  » TV  »
  • Watching him as the honoree of this The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast reminds me how far south baseball has gone with the steroid issue
  • Dizzy Dean was one of the roasters, and I thought that was cool

• by Orrymain

I was never a fan of Hank Aaron, but I have to say that he’s an example of what a Hall of Famer should be in baseball. Watching him as the honoree of this The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast reminds me how far south baseball has gone with the steroid issue. Aaron was roasted because

he was about to break the record for hitting the most home runs in baseball. As far as I’m concerned, he’s still the champ. Anyone who has surpassed him has been steroid induced and should be eliminated from the books.

Okay, rant over. Now for the roast. Aaron’s manager Eddie Matthews took part and ...

• did okay for a non-entertainer. He was just as funny as some of the pros, including Joey Bishop.

Dizzy Dean was one of the roasters, and I thought that was cool. Little Rodney Allen Rippy, who was famous for hamburger commercials, was a roaster. He did it as well as any kid could, with that

innocence and attitude that made him famous for a while.

There were many of the usual roasters on the dais. They didn’t impress me much. It’s the same schtick with them, and I wasn’t that thrilled with it the first time.

As a whole, it’s not a bad piece of entertainment, but it’s not really standout either.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1030031041620931/k2311a0330/3.30.10