The Dean Martin Comedy Hour: Bette Davis TV Show  » TV  »
2.0
  • It was definitely rushed, though, and I'm not sure why
  • I don't think Bette was that thrilled with that, either
  • The best roaster was Joan Haber who did a lot of Joan Crawford jokes and also dared to list Bette's first name, with each of her many married names
  • I'm actually just impressed that Martin convinced her to appear and go through this

• by Orrymain

Incredibly, somehow, Dean Martin convinced the acclaimed actress Bette Davis to be roasted on his TV show as the Woman of the Week. That just astounds me, but she did it, appearing on this episode ofThe Dean Martin Comedy Hour.

Oddly, I wasn’t that thrilled with Dean’s opening remarks, which I usually do enjoy.

He seemed to be rushing through his jokes and he went swiftly into a couple of remarks from people who couldn’t be there. That’s just a gimmick they do regularly. It was definitely rushed, though, and I’m not sure why. The dais wasn’t that full compared to what I’ve seen ...

• on other programs.

Pat Buttram was the opening roaster. Bette didn’t look impressed. Kay Medford came out playing Bette’s sister. She wasn’t that funny. I don’t think Bette was that thrilled with that, either.

Bette’s first name, with each of her many married names. Bette reacted to that with a fist. It was great. I’m actually just impressed that Martin convinced her to appear and go through this. I’m not sure how much fun she had, but it was probably good for her image.

This show disappointed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1030031041570931/k2311a0330/3.30.10