The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast: Mr. T TV Show  » TV  »
  • In my opinion, it's one of the NBC self-promotion shows
  • I always liked her so enjoyed her short segment

• by Orrymain

The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast kept on trekking from Las Vegas, Nevada by honoring Mr. T of The A-Team. Now why would they do this? In my opinion, it’s one of the NBC self-promotion shows. The dais was full of NBC stars and not many had any real connection to Mr. T, though there were a couple.

The label for this show was the Man of

the Year. Usually, it was of the week or the hour. What bugs me is the man didn’t even dress respectfully. He wore the same crazy outfit that was part of his ‘character’.

This was back in the day when Gary Coleman was a cute child star, and he did a wonderful routine. Oddly, it made me sad, though, because we know how messed up his ...

• life really was and has become.

The lovely Ann Jillian was on, too. I always liked her so enjoyed her short segment.

Little Ricky Schroeder was on, too. Man, I feel old since he’s all grown up now. At least he survived life as a child actor.

I was surprised to see Bob Hope do a bit, but he did, as did Gavin McLeod and Dick Shawn. Then

George Peppard spoke. He really didn’t attempt any humor. He just gave a couple of serious remarks.

Mr. T does give a wonderful, sincere speech at the end about his fame and what it was allowing him to do. It was pretty nice.

The roast had a few good points, and while I wouldn’t turn it off if I came across it, I wouldn’t seek it out, either.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1030031041510931/k2311a0330/3.30.10