The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast: Bob Hope TV Show  » TV  »
  • I believe he acted his way through political office
  • I love the Duke, so this very enjoyable to watch
  • I do think it could have been even better than it was, but the roasts didn't always have the best dais in which to make comic magic

• by Orrymain

Bob Hope was the Man of the Hour for this episode of The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast, and boy were there some influential beings on this dais, including then Governor Ronald Reagan and General Omar Bradley.

Reagan was actually very funny. Oddly, I liked him as an actor, but I hated him as a politician. I’d

rather see him with Bonzo or in Death Valley, than have him supposedly representing me. I believe he acted his way through political office. He was highly underrated in that regard.

John Wayne wasn’t there, but he did a filmed roast that was hysterical. He used Jane Fonda in his short routine, and that was ...

• really funny. I love the Duke, so this very enjoyable to watch. He only did a couple of the roasts over the years.

They showed some clips of Hope with Bing Crosby and James Cagney that were fantastic and added to the merriment for those present and watching on television.

Jack Benny was a riot, which was

not a surprise, and Don Rickles did another stellar comedy roast bit. Rickles tactic of verbally assaulting just about everyone is actually remarkably fun.

Overall, this was a good roast to watch. I do think it could have been even better than it was, but the roasts didn’t always have the best dais in which to make comic magic.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1030031041330931/k2311a0330/3.30.10