Kennett Mushrooms  » Food  »
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
  • They really do not taste at all like any other mushroom that I have ever tasted

• by cjaneb877
      Any mushroom lover is bound to be a fan of Kennett Square, PA. Kennett is an older, more rustic town that is famous world-wide for its mushroom farms, and many recipes that utilize those mouth-watering mushrooms! The way I see it, if a town is going to be known for mushrooms, of all things, those better be some good tasting shrooms! I had to try them out.

So,

this past August, I went over to the Kennett Mushroom festival, and got to finally try some of these famous mushrooms.

To put it quite simply, you have not had a mushroom until you have had a Kennett Square, Pennsylvania mushroom! They really do not taste at all like any other mushroom that I have ever tasted.

I am typically used to grocery store mushrooms that are dry, disgusing ...

• looking, and they add a little flavor to pizza or pasta dishes, but that is about all I will generally get them for.

Kennett’s mushrooms are actually quite larger than most mushrooms I have seen.

They obtain a much stronger, more powerful flavor, and are far moister than most mushrooms also.

Their color is less blande than that of typical markets, and they really have a much richer flavor,

overall.

I tried some various Kennett mushroom salads, some mushroom poppers, and some kind of mushroom soup, that was quite tasty.

I was acutally pleasantly surprised to find that as rumor has it, Kennett is a place that surely does live up to its reputation for not only mushroom production, but its wide variety of mushroom concoctions that are served at just about every restaurant, pizza parlor, and market in the Kennett area!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271011104130430/k2311a1110/11.10.06