The Dean Martin Comedy Hour: Jack Benny TV Show  » TV  »
  • I thought he was great and always enjoyed watching him
  • He was definitely worth being one of this show's honorees
  • The problem with Wayne Newton is his hair
  • I think Dean was afraid it was gonna fall down for real

• by Orrymain

Jack Benny was the Man of the Week for this edition of The Dean Martin Comedy Hour. Benny was a hoot, a terrific comedian and actor. I thought he was great and always enjoyed watching him. He was definitely worth being one of this show’s honorees.

It was a pretty good

panel with the likes of George Burns and Jimmy Stewart. That’s the A team. Even Pearl Bailey was good to watch in her own special style.

The problem with Wayne Newton is his hair. I’d forgotten he’d worn it so long. It’s very distracting. He had a ho-hum routine ...

• about wine and cold ducks. Mark Spitz was actually better, and he can’t act worth a dime. At least Rich Little has timing and impressions to make him watchable.

The funniest physical bit was Jack Carter getting so excited that he started trying to pull down the big Man of the Week

symbol that is in place behind the dais. I think Dean was afraid it was gonna fall down for real.

Then Jack Benny wrapped it up, and he was superb as always. I adore the man and what he gifted all of us with — genuine humor. I’m glad I saw this episode.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1030031041290931/k2311a0330/3.30.10