The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast: Redd Foxx (#2) TV Show  » TV  »
1.0
  • I felt like I was playing that game about 'make me laugh' and I was winning

• by Orrymain

This show was the second time that Redd Foxx was an honoree as a celebrity to be roasted on The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast. Taped at the MGM in Las Vegas, Foxx was the Man of the Hour. Now I’m not a fan of Redd Foxx at all. He was loud and obnoxious with humor

that I find distasteful. For me, he’s a reason to turn off the TV. Therefore, whether or not this hour would prove passable would depend on the members of the dais.

Slappy White was one of the comics who roasted Foxx. He was followed by Steve Allen, who was just fair. I still hadn’t broken out into any type of smile when Milton Berle took the podium. Still no laughs, so it was to George Kirby. He came the closest to getting me to crack with an imitation of John Wayne, but it didn’t quite hit the mark. This evening was a bust at the halfway point and I wasn’t confident ...

• The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast: Redd Foxx (#2) TV Show
      that it would get any better.

The actual first sign of laughter I had was a bit between Joe Garagiola and Dean Martin, and it wasn’t the joke that made a smile emerge on my face, it was Joe laughing at Dean, who was notorious for not knowing what was coming. Joe was caught off guard by Dean’s

expression as he worked his way through the bit. I didn’t laugh, but I did smile at that.

I felt like I was playing that game about ‘make me laugh’ and I was winning. This show was a gigantic bore, in spite of the talent on the dais. I’d just skip it, if I were you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1030031041250831/k2311a0330/3.30.10