The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast: Suzanne Somers TV Show  » TV  »
1.0
  • I like Kopell's farewell greeting of 'Happy Sailing'
  • This is one of the few times I've had issues with Dean's introduction of the roasted at the very end, but while Somers is more talented than she is given credited for, and while she's more intelligent than some are aware, I thought the praise was so overdone that it was insincere

• by Orrymain

From Las Vegas, it was Suzanne Somers being honored as the Woman of the Hour on this edition of The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast. On the dais from Three’s Company were Norman Fell, who was moderately funny in his presentation, and Audra Lindley.

Lorne Greene, Lee Meriwether, Norm Crosby, and Bernie Kopell were some of the roasters in the first part of the tribute. Lee’s best bit was joking about Dean being under her bed

in her Barnaby Jones suite. The others were just okay. I like Kopell’s farewell greeting of ‘Happy Sailing’. It just sounds nice. I’d actually rather be sailing than watching this. I like some of the roasters, but it was only been a so-so laugh fest up to this point.

Back in the day, I adored Paul Anka. He had apparently just done a show in Europe with Suzanne, and he actually ...

• was pretty funny. I liked his line about her being searched 15 times all the name of good security.

I normally am not that fond of Ruth Buzzi showing up as Gladys Ormsby, but she had a great line about Hollywood or bust that made her more entertaining this time around.

This is one of the few times I’ve had issues with Dean’s introduction of the roasted at the very end, but while Somers is more talented

than she is given credited for, and while she’s more intelligent than some are aware, I thought the praise was so overdone that it was insincere. Someone really hyped the intro, and it made it stick out in a negative way.

I didn’t like Somers’ remarks, either. It was poorly written and poorly executed. Dean was actually part of it, and the whole thing fell flat,.

It’s no great loss if you don’t ever see this show.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1030031040890831/k2311a0330/3.30.10