Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser and Mask  » Health  »
  • I enjoy the smell of this product and do not think it smells too much or smells for too long for either a man or a woman
  • I found if I used this as a mask more than once a week I got a red itchy rash

• by mamajess

I purchased this cleanser because of my past experiences with neutrogena products. Neutrogena has a fine reputation of making more gentle and effective acne treating products you can get at the pharmacy. Here are the highlights of this product.

It smells great.

Like most neutrogena products it has a clean gender neutral scent that is pleasant and does not smell too much of perfume or smell too much like medicine. I enjoy the smell of this product and do not think it smells too much or smells for too long for either a man or a woman. This product does a great job

of clearing blackheads and small pimples.

When I use this daily as a cleanser my skin is free of small bumps and my pores look smaller. The packaging on this product is great. I happen to like the way neutrogena makes their tubes.

I had no problems with this tube falling over or having liquid seeping out of it like I have had with other tubes. When you squeeze the tube lightly just the right amount of product is dispensed. When used as a mask this really does help clear up acne quicker.

I do not feel like the mask helped ...

• change my skin’s appearance more than using it as a cleanser did, but I did like that it was able to perform in two different ways. The downside to this product are those found in most products having benzoyl peroxide in them. It leaves a tight and unpleasant feeling to skin and if over used will leave red spots on the skin.

I found if I used this as a mask more than once a week I got a red itchy rash. This product stains sheets and clothing if you get it on them. I had no problems when using this as

a cleanser, but I did stain a couple of items when I used it as a mask.

It is slow to dry and it is hard to not get on clothing while waiting for it to do so. On the whole, this is a good product for younger skin. If you have mild to moderate acne and do not have skin that is prone to dryness this is a great product for you.

I have skin that dries out quickly and can get irritated easily so this was a one time purchase for me. I hated the itchiness that I got with this more than I liked the acne treatment.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429031040330331/k2311a0329/3.29.10