Gilbert, AZ Hertz Car Rental  » Car rental  »
2.0
904 North McQueen - Gilbert, AZ.
  • The problem began when I returned the car on the date is was due back

• by luv2rite

I had a need to rent a vehicle recently due to my vehicle needing to go into the dealership for repairs. I am a Triple A member and this Hertz location is one of the rental companies who offers a discount to Triple A members. I made the decision to contact Hertz because of the discount.

When I called Hertz, everything seemed to go well. I needed to have them pick me up and take me to their location since my vehicle was already at the repair shop. Hertz advertises they do pick-ups and drop-offs so I took advantage of this service. I registered to obtain a mid-size vehicle and agreed on the daily rate.

I was picked up by a Hertz driver on time

and was taken back to their location. I then needed to do the necessary paperwork at which time I was informed they did not have a mid-size vehicle available. I mentioned that I just got off of the phone 30 minutes ago and registered for a mid-size. I was informed the person who helped me with this must of made a mistake. I did not want a smaller car than a mid-size and also did not want to pay more for a larger than mid-size vehicle. I explained if I would of been told the correct information when I phoned, I would of gone somewhere else. They agreed and stated they would give me one of the trucks on the lot, however these rented ...

• for $40.00 more per day than what I was originally quoted. I was also informed that I would not be charged this additional $40.00 and would only be responsible for what I was originally quoted. This was very acceptable to me.

The problem began when I returned the car on the date is was due back. When doing the paperwork when bringing back a rental, I was told what the amount was that I owed. I knew immediately what happened because the amount was much higher than what I was told and knew they had forgot to deduct this extra amount for the truck. I explained this to the clerk. The clerk could not find any indication of this or any notes on my

file. It required a lot of work, effort and time to prove and show this clerk that this was in fact the case. It was ridiculous and could have been avoided if the person helping me when renting the vehicle would of made a note in my file.

I do not believe I will be returning to this Hertz if I need to rent another vehicle in the future. The main reason for this is not necessarily because of this mistake but instead due to the poor attitude of the staff. They gave me the feeling I was trying to pull a fast one and this is the farthest thing from the truth. I do not care for situations like this and won’t be recommending them either.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 329031040250331/k2311a0329/3.29.10