Walk Away the Pounds Express 2 Mile Brisk Walk Workout  » Health  »
  • Yesterday I decided to do the Walk Away the Pounds Express 2 Mile Brisk Walk 30 minute workout, to see what this particular routine had to offer
  • I think when you can workout with a smile on your face and want to do a little more when it’s over
  • Once again, I found this 2 mile Brisk Walk to be another great walk workout

• by Jude244

Yesterday I took advantage of the rainy weather to get an extra walking workout in. Before finding the Walk Away the Pounds series by Leslie Sansone, I would have been discouraged by the rain and probably would have skipped walking. But since discovering in the home walking system, I’ve found a whole new way of getting my 10,000 steps in.

So far, I’ve tried several of the Walk Away the Pounds workouts and each has had its own unique properties. One 3 mile workout, for example, was an ab walk and had a special belt with resistance bands for use when walking. Another 1 mile workout had a special half mile section in which an upper body workout was included using weighted balls.

Yesterday I decided to do the Walk Away the Pounds Express 2 Mile Brisk Walk 30

minute workout, to see what this particular routine had to offer. The warm up starts with a review of the four core moves that predominately make up the in home walk plan.

In case you are unfamiliar with the Walk Away the Pounds system, the moves include walk in place, side steps, kicks, and knee lifts. From these four moves, slight variations are added in and sometimes include upper body reaches or light resistance training.

From the start this workout begins with a swift progression to the brisk pace that will continue to build in intensity and pace. While it is brisk this workout is not difficult and I would imagine can be completed by a good number of people, even those just beginning or resuming a regular workout.

As with most of the other workouts I have ...

• tried by Leslie Sansone, the 2 mile brisk walk has great cueing, and gives enough of an advance on the next move that you really never get tripped up.

Leslie is quickly becoming my favorite instructor as she really does a fantastic job of keeping you on track and pumped up. I mean I could hardly believe it when she said we were half way through. I think when you can workout with a smile on your face and want to do a little more when it’s over; you have definitely found a great workout.

Just as a side note, the sisters in sweat all donned matching pink stretch shirts, and the music was pretty good throughout the entire set.

For the second leg of the workout, stretch bands were added to provide additional intensity and resistance. Here we

started by marching in place while pulling the stretch bands across the chest and then we did a move with the band across our backs and pulling the bands forward.

I liked using the bands rather than the weighted balls of my last workout. They are easier to hold yet you still get the toning benefits. Also unlike the walk away belt which I am still trying to locate in a store, the stretchy bands in this workout can be found anywhere.

Once again, I found this 2 mile Brisk Walk to be another great walk workout. If you love walking for exercise, you really have to try a Walk Away the Pounds workout. They come in all different time and mile variations as well as offer little bonus toning sessions such as this workout’s toning stretch band section.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429031040160331/k2311a0329/3.29.10