The Firm Sculpt-ilates Workout  » Health  »
  • Another day, another workout, so today I decided to try out a DVD that I just found by The Firm
  • While browsing the Fitness DVD section of a local store I found the Firm’s Sculpt-ilates 50 minutes Pilate’s workout, and knew I had to have it as it even included an official Firm Pilates Band
  • There was also and interesting move that has you roll back semi- reclined and pull the bands up and out
  • In all I think that this is a very good routine for those wanting a full body workout

• by Jude244

Another day, another workout, so today I decided to try out a DVD that I just found by The Firm. While browsing the Fitness DVD section of a local store I found the Firm’s Sculpt-ilates 50 minutes Pilate’s workout, and knew I had to have it as it even included an official Firm Pilates Band.

For this workout I needed a mat and the included the Firm stretch resistance band. Although it’s the menu doesn’t list the options, the workout is split up into four sections and can be forwarded to the specific section if you don’t wish to do the entire 50 minutes. The sections include Band Sculpt, Mat Work, Lower Body Mat, and Core Work and Cool Down.

Robyn begins the workout with deep breaths and shoulder rolls before working the ankles and arms. Next we did roll

downs, and knee lifts, and spine twists among others to get our bodies ready for the fifty minute workout ahead. The pace is very even, maybe a little slow here.

In Band Sculpt we did walking plies in a wide stance, heel lifts and then moved to the band for resistance moves. Using the band we did over head presses, and dip combos that had us dip, tap, curl, and kick in different orders.

Next we did a lady bug move that had me crisscross the bands under my feet and use my shoulders to bring them up at my sides. After that we moved to the floor for roll down push ups that roll into an upright position between repetitions.

From there I had to sit on the mat for the mat work section, and use the bands across ...

• my feet while I squeezed my gluts and used my arms to bring the bands back. There was also and interesting move that has you roll back semi- reclined and pull the bands up and out.

Next we did a balance move with a leg extension while lying on your side. I liked the mermaid move that came next, as it felt really good to stretch after the side move. I have to say out of all the Pilates workouts I have tried lately this seems to be the most thorough.

I have purchased other fitness sets that came with bands but the workouts they included were only twenty minutes and didn’t offer many exercises using the bands. This workout however is chock full of moves to use the bands with.

For the Lower Body Mat section we started

with single leg circles using the bands. I’ve done this move before on other Pilate’s workouts, just never with the resistance band across my foot. Next we did the frog move with bands, some inner thigh and hip moves, and then some back extensions using the bands.

Finally for the Core Work and Cool Down we did switch and hold leg extensions, scissor moves, and raised leg crunches. We also did a set of bicycle moves and then a nice series of stretches to finish the workout.

In all I think that this is a very good routine for those wanting a full body workout. Sculpt-ilates provides toning and sculpting using resistance training and incorporates, among other things, new variations of traditional Pilates moves using the included bands. If you can’t find it locally, it is available online at Amazons.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429031040150331/k2311a0329/3.29.10