The Sharper Image Entertainment Projector  » Electronics  »
0.5
  • Around Christmas time I thought I had found an ideal present for the whole family to enjoy
  • Unfortunately, our excitement died when we couldn’t get it to work
  • Now maybe I should have exchanged it for another one, since its possible there was only a problem with that one

• by Jude244

Around Christmas time I thought I had found an ideal present for the whole family to enjoy. Since I am like a big kid, I actually couldn’t wait until the holidays to give it to the recipient and start using it. As such, I gave it to my son a few days earlier in the hopes of using it over his long school break.

Since I am not exactly handy with TV and cable wiring, I entrusted the set up of our new Sharper Image Entertainment Projector to my son; who has been setting up all kinds of gaming systems, DVD’s and other Television connected devices for years.

I have really wanted a projector for a long time. I figured it would be a lot of fun to project movies and video games

into larger than life images on our walls or ceiling. When I saw the Sharper Image Projector at Bed Bath and Beyond, I couldn’t believe my luck as I had just received their mailer 20% off coupon and really loved the savings.

In particular this projector featured adjustable controls for the built in sound, contrast, and also color. It was also vey compact and had its own metal adjustable stand. I don’t know who was more excited me or my son at the prospect of using this fun little device.

Unfortunately, our excitement died when we couldn’t get it to work. We tried three different televisions, all kinds of configurations between cable boxes, TV’s and gaming consoles and yet nothing happened. We had no picture or sound and we basically spent hours trying it in ...

• different rooms to no avail.

Oh Boy, not the greatest beginning to a long winter break. Not to mention I had to brave the parking lots and the packed stores, as it was nearly Christmas when I went to return it. We are all so disappointed. I thought it was going to be a simple matter of a couple of plugs and wires in order to have the 40” projection, but that actually couldn’t have been further from the truth since we couldn’t get anything to materialize at all.

Now maybe I should have exchanged it for another one, since its possible there was only a problem with that one. However, we were both so frustrated after the hours we spent trying to get it to work that we were actually afraid that we

would have to go through it all over again with a second one.

Also, considering the date we returned the other, we would have had to bring it back the day after Christmas if it didn’t work out, and I refuse to wait on those ridiculously long return lines. So, as it stands we still have no projector.

I am so sorry the Sharper Image Entertainment Projector didn’t work for us since it was exactly what I was looking for, and the price was great. Hopefully, there will be a few more projectors on the market soon and maybe by next Christmas we will be using one of those instead.

If you do purchase this model I hope you have better luck than we did, since we had no luck at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1629031040140331/k2311a0329/3.29.10