Crazy International Buffett  » Restaurants  »
0.5
400 E. Nolana Ave., McAllen, Texas
  • I was not rude I only asked what the problem was
  • And again the manager was very nice trying to figure out what was happening and it's sad also that I noticed the employees seem to run all over the manager

• by maxi710

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)AOL Messenger (required to be logged into AIM)

As many families here in the Valley & elsewhere get together for breakfast,lunch or dinner so do we. Meaning my children, my family, mother, sister, nephews & my brother & his wife since they came from out of town to visit this Sat the 21st-Houston, TX.

It is always a pleasure and we look forward to those times we all spend with family, eating, talking, laughing and seeing how our children grow and interact with family members. The happines that radiates in their smiles as we all chat and talk about our lives.

Things we’ve accomplished-careers, goals, desires, etc…

Well on this particular Sunday we all met up to have lunch it was a very busy busy day for them at the restaurant. We really didn’t go for the food. I personally had been there years back when they first opened it as I remember the food was not good at least not to my liking. Never did I return there.

We went there this time because my brother wanted to try it since it was a buffet

kind of restaurant. They arrived there early and we followed. It was really packed which we had to wait in line to pay.

My brother had saved a large tablel for all of us. Well we proceeded to have lunch, we chatted and stayed around for a good two and a half hours.

Well the food was not all that good-I had fruit mostly to which it was expensive considering but it’s not the money I was worried about. We just wanted to have a good time really.

Our waitress which we found out when ready to leave, her name was Irene. She was so rude to my daughter who is Deaf, as my daughter proceeded to hand her over a tip she refused and threw it back at her. Told her she didn’t want it and she should keep it.

As soon as my daughter informed me of it I went back and asked Irene why she had done that? She stated nothing was wrong I gather she didn’t expect me to go back and confront her.

• I was not rude I only asked what the problem was.

Well she informed her co-workers in Spanish that we had been there too long and the limit was only two hours. I informed here that we were not aware of it and if I may see it in writing or where was it posted. She then refused to answer but apparently was very upset.

As I saw that she was so rude I asked to speak to a manager. The manager came by and did talk to me. She tried talking to her employee but she was rude and just walked away. Of course speaking in Spanish also, I don’t mind the Spanish I’m bilingual myself and very good at it I might add. But she did not want her manager to understand her obviously.

The manager did state she’d talk to her, but it is so sad that she would act that way. A grown woman, did she want more money/tip we asked ourselves? They did charge us on the total

bill we were told plus what my brother left on the table for her.

I did tell her I was not planning to give her a tip because she had been rude from the beginning. I don’t mind tipping actually I’m one of those few people who tip well.

Well, to make a long story short let’s just say we will not be visiting that resaurant again. And again the manager was very nice trying to figure out what was happening and it’s sad also that I noticed the employees seem to run all over the manager.

If you’re not happy working where you are currently at get another job, but maybe she’s there for a reason. No customer service skills and apparently couldn’t speak English either.

Oh well, am not losing any sleep over that incident. We will not visit that place any time soon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 729031039520231/k2311a0329/3.29.10