Kindle 2  » Electronics  »
  • It isn't bad, however it can be a little distracting too
  • I get books for literally half the price or less than the print copies, and have even begun using it for all of my text books as well

• by shawnar

I have had the second generation Kindle for about 2 months now, and it has certainly made life a lot easier on me! The features allow you to download books wherever you are thanks to the free of charge 3G connection to the Amazon site. You can also download countless free books, and books that tell you how to find the free books!

The clarity is outstanding, and it is no more taxing on my eyes to

read the Kindle display than it is for me to read an actual book.

It allows me to take any book I want with me at any time, and when I get into the car or I am working out, I can switch on the voice option that allows the Kindle to read to me.

The battery life is unheard of! It takes less than a half hour to charge (and I can use it the entire ...

• time I am charging) and lasts for about 4 days, with me using it every day.

The only things I would improve is that the buttons are a bit loud.

When I hit the button to proceed to the next page, it clicks very loudly, which is a little distracting to me.

There is also a brief blip when the page is turning while the display changes to the next page.

It isn’t bad, however it can

be a little distracting too.

Otherwise, it was a great investment! I get books for literally half the price or less than the print copies, and have even begun using it for all of my text books as well.

Instead of paying 200 dollars at the student book store for an accounting text, I am paying about 100.

That goes a long way on a college budget, and as far as I am concerned, the device has already paid for itself!

Kindle 2

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1629031039500231/k2311a0329/3.29.10