Healthy Choice Marinara Manicotti Formaggio Complete Meal  » Food  »
  • I often like to take frozen foods of these kinds to work as a quick and convenient lunch that can just be heated in the microwave in a few minutes
  • I thought the flavor of the manicotti and sauce was good
  • I also found the broccoli to be tender and consisting of only the florets with no stems, which I enjoyed
  • The caramel apple crisp was not the best I have ever had, but it was hot and sweet and at least it was a dessert that I could enjoy without guilt with my lunch
  • I would not hesitate to purchase the Manicotti Formaggio frozen complete meal again and, if you manicotti, I recommend that you give it a try too

• by deem

This is one of Healthy Choice’s new (or at least new to me) product lines that are described as “complete meals”. The complete meals include an entree, a vegetable and a dessert. Like other offerings in the Healthy Choice line, these complete meals are frozen, low calorie and low fat.

This Marinara Manicotti Formaggio meal consists of two tubes of whle grain pasta filled with four cheeses in marinara sauce as the entree, together with broccoli as the vegetable, and caramel apple multigrain crisp as the dessert. Because the complete meals contain more food than the typical Healthy Choice frozen entree, I usually find them to be more satisfying even if I am not goint to add something like extra vegetables or a salad, which I typically prefer not to do because it detracts from

the convenience of using the frozen foods in the first place.

In addition, the calorie value on the Healthy Choice meals do not seem to be very different, if at all, from the calories in their frozen entrees. For example, this Manicotti Formaggio meal only contains 350 calories which is not bad fo a whole meal if you are watching your weight.

If you are familiar with or following the Weight Watchers points system of weight loss, this meal is valued at 7 points. I often like to take frozen foods of these kinds to work as a quick and convenient lunch that can just be heated in the microwave in a few minutes.

I have found that the Healthy Choice frozen meals, and this one is no exception, are a little annoying to ...

• heat in the microwave because you often have to pull the film back over some of the items and slit it over others. With this meal, however, you only have to spoon the sauce over the pasta in the middle of heating though you do have to reduce the heat from high to medium.

I thought the flavor of the manicotti and sauce was good. I did not find the manicotti to be too gummy as sometimes happens with frozen foods.

The marinara sauce was flavorful and there was plenty of it. I also found the broccoli to be tender and consisting of only the florets with no stems, which I enjoyed.

was a dessert that I could enjoy without guilt with my lunch. Certainly better than my running down to the cafeteria to grab some cookies.

Because the Healthy Choice frozen meals are sold in my local supermarket freezer section, it is very convenient for me to purchase them when they are on sale and then just grab them out of the freezer at home to take to work. They go on sale often and, in the area where I live, can often be found for about $2.

50 each. I don’t think that is a bad price for a quick and easy lunch that is low in calories and in fat grams.

I would not hesitate to purchase the Manicotti Formaggio frozen complete meal again and, if you manicotti, I recommend that you give it a try too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2729031039420231/k2311a0329/3.29.10