Kingcraft Self Adhesive Floor Tiles  » Housewares  »
  • In my opinion, the tiles were a pretty good value

• by Cj Jones

AOL Messenger (required to be logged into AIM) Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

We purchased a box of Kingcraft Self Adhesive Floor Tiles as a quick fix for our bathroom. Our bathroom tiles were very old and disgusting looking and we wanted to patch the floor without spending a lot of money.

We decided to purchase the self adhesive floor tiles by Kingcraft.

In my opinion, the tiles were a

pretty good value.

We’ve only had them installed for a few weeks but they improved the appearance of our bathroom.

These tiles were purchased at Aldi’s for $7.

99 and met the requirements of what we were looking for.

As far as quality goes, in my opinion, these tiles are not top of the line by any stretch ...

• of the imagination.

Despite this fact the tiles did an adequate job of covering the floor.

They were easy to put down and stuck to the surface as advertised.

I can’t speak to the long term value of the tiles as they have only been on for several weeks but hopefully they’ll last for quite awhile.

If not, I feel like I’ve already got my money back from the value of the product.

Overall, I would endorse this product for a cheap quick fix of a room, but probably wouldn’t use it for anything elaborate.

George Krausz george schomebuyer.com says :

I recently bought several boxes of Kingcraft tile from Aldi`s. Unfortunately the Aldis stores do not stock this item on a recurring basis. How can I find out how to order additional boxes? Thanks for your reply. George

James Lee says :

I had the same problem and found the solution on ebay. They are sold under different brand names, the ones on ebay are Achim home furnishings ftvgm 32620 Nexus. Use these numbers under search and you ll find them.

Allison Ward-Nungester says :

What should I use to remove the excess adhesive from my newly laid floor without damaging or discoloring it? And everything I touched while my hands were sticky…

John says :

Allison, I’ve always used Windex to clean excess adhesive from tile. It works well, without having to soak.

Galega says :

The first easiest method will be to soak an absorbent rag in the warm water. And, then use it with gentle rub on the excess adhesive that you see on tiles. In majority of cases, it works.

The second method for removing excess adhesive involves using a citric acid-based tile adhesive remover. This type remover is the least toxic to humans. Soak the tile adhesive by placing a wet cloth over the adhesive for more than one hour. Then gently rub the remover on the adhesive.

charles and deeann says :

Allison believe it or not the best product to clean up excess glue and grout from tile is wd40

CJ Jones replies :

I believe this was a special purchase made by Aldi, if you are looking to buy more you may want to contact Aldi`s directly or the manufacturer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5329031039350231/k2311a0329/3.29.10