Blue Like Jazz  » Books  »
  • After hearing the book was about religion I was less than enthused by the idea of reading it, however once I got past my initial prejudice of the book I found out I loved it
  • Many people can say they've felt the same thing about a book, but this was extremely strange for me on account of the book is about Christian beliefs and I believe myself to be an athiest

• by Steve B

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)
      I was recently handed a book by the title Blue Like Jazz from a closer friend of mine. After hearing the book was about religion I was less than enthused by the idea of reading it, however once I got past my initial prejudice of the book I found out I loved it.

Many people can say they’ve felt the same thing about a book,

but this was extremely strange for me on account of the book is about Christian beliefs and I believe myself to be an athiest.

This book was not only a fun look at the life of the author, Donald Miller, but it also gave me some insights into how other people have ‘found god’ in the world.

I could relate to many of the characters and at some points wished I had that type of fun relationship with my friends.

After reading the book you’ll feel happy for buying it and giving money to Don (the author) and if you didn’t buy the book it’ll make you feel like going out and buying it.

The whole process of reading the book and how I felt after was really strange to ...

• Blue Like Jazz
      me because first of all, I don’t read very much at all.

Secondly, I’m not very interested in Christian beliefs or any religious beliefs to be honest.

The third point, which is one of the most baffling for me is that I actually felt like buying the book even though I could read it for free.

I am a very cautious person with my money

and the idea of paying for something I could get for free was a completely absurd thought up until I read this book.

Now I have this sort of growing appreciation for artists of many different mediums such as musicians, visual artists and even authors.

If you read this review, read the book, you may not want to, but after you do you will be recommending it to others.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17811103830630/k2311a118/11.8.06