Sundevil Auto Repair
0.5
915 South Val Vista Drive, Gilbert, AZ.
  • I decided to go to Sundevil because I received a coupon advertisement in the mail and they are close to where I live
  • When I called I was told that they had a problem and could not get a passengers window to roll up
  • The technician told me how much it would cost me for the motor to be replaced
  • I found this a little odd since the technician did not mention this when we spoke on the telephone
  • I would never recommend Sundevil to anyone not even to my worst enemy

• by luv2rite

I had never been to Sundevil Auto Repair until I needed to have some repairs done about 2 months ago. I decided to go to Sundevil because I received a coupon advertisement in the mail and they are close to where I live. I called before going in to see if I had to have an appointment. I was told an appointment would be appreciated. I made one for the same day at 1p.m. I already was aware of the repairs needed and explained this to the technician we checked the car into. I was told it would take about 3 hours for the repairs to be completed. I decided this was too long to wait so called a neighbor to pick me up. I was told by Sundevil that they would call me when the vehicle was completed. It was getting close to the time of Sundevil closing for the day so I called them myself. I was told they did not have a part in they needed to repair the vehicle and they needed to keep the vehicle over-night. I questioned why this was not explained to me when I dropped the vehicle off.

They didn’t have an explanation. I decided it would be best to leave the car with them. I needed to have a vehicle so decided I would rent one. from Sundevil explaining what needed to be done. This was the same explanation I received the night before. I instructed them to go ahead and do the repair. I waited most of the day to

hear from the repair shop. I decided to call them at 4p.m. since I had to get the rental car back soon. When I called I was told that they had a problem and could not get a passengers window to roll up. I told the shop when first leaving the car with them about this window that should never be rolled down since it would refuse to go back up. I made this very clear when dropping off the vehicle. I was told when the technician was backing the car out of the repair stall, he accidentally rolled down this window. I explained this never should of happened since I gave specific instructions. I was told since it was so close to their closing time I could come and pick up the vehicle, pay the bill and drive around with an open window. I explained I should not have to drive around with an opened window since the window was closed when I dropped it off and I had informed the technician it was not to be opened. The technician offered to pay my rental bill if I left my vehicle with them over-night so they could figure out how to roll the window back up. The technician asked how much I was paying for the rental. I asked that he call the rental company to have any of his questions answered. I gave him the number and he called. When Sundevil phoned me back he verified with me about the kind of vehicle I rented and the daily rate.
      I verified the information was correct.

The following day, I called Sundevil to find out how they were doing with the window. I was informed they were unable to get the window back. They also informed me the windows motor was bad and needed to be replaced. I explained to them when dropping off my vehicle, however it sounded as if I had no idea why the window refused to roll back up and they were telling me this information for the first time. I was becoming greatly frustrated with this.

The technician told me how much it would cost me for the motor to be replaced. I explained to the technician that I did not plan on having the motor replaced at this time since I only budgeted for the repairs I brought my car in for. I also explained I had no place where I could pull the money from to have the window’s motor replaced. I explained I did not feel I should be faced with this expense due to the circumstances with how the window was opened by the technician doing the other repairs on my car. The technician said he would call me back in a couple hours.

I received a call back from the technician at Sundevil’s Auto Repair. I was informed they were successful in getting the window rolled back up. He explained they were finally able to do this by removing the door panel and pulling the window up by hand.

I went to pick up my car an hour later and had a neighbor ...

• Sundevil Auto Repair
      follow me so I could take the rental vehicle back at the same time. When I arrived at Sundevil I asked for the technician I had been communicating with during the time my car was there for repair. I was told he had left to go home for the day. I found this a little odd since the technician did not mention this when we spoke on the telephone. A matter of fact, he asked me to tell the counter people to notify him when I arrived. I did exactly as he instructed. The store manager was working the counter and said he would call him on his cell phone but doubted he would answer. The manager called him and he did not answer. I recalled during a number of the calls back and forth between the technician and I that he put me on hold several times to speak with the manager about the situation with the window. I knew that the manager was aware of this entire situation, however he played as if this was the first time he heard about it. He handed me the bill and I looked over all of the charges and immediately noticed there was no credit showing for the rental car as I had been promised. I explained to the manager about the technician stating Sundevil would pick up the cost of the rental. He actually stated this was news to him and he was not aware of this. He adjusted the bill but had a very poor attitude about it. I reviewed
      the bill again and found he only deducted $30.00 from the bill for one days rental. I explained I had the rental for a total of three days and the daily rate for the car was $52.00 per day. He stated that it was Sundevil’s policy to only cover one days worth of rental fees and their maximum coverage amount was $30.00 per day. I explained the circumstances were a bit unique with the situation. When I rented the car I did so with the idea I was doing this by choice and would be paying the bill. Because of this and because I could afford to, I decided on a car that cost $52.00 a day. I did not know nor was there any reason for me to know what Sundevil’s policy was with a maximum coverage of $30.00 per day.

The discussion started to become heated between the two of us. I was not getting too far with this manager who was very rude and had the worst customer service/people skills I had seen in a very long time. He was also one of those people who are a bit slow and not too bright. I did get $60.00 deducted from my bill and decided I would take this up with the main headquarters for Sundevil as well as the Better Business Bureau. I received just as poor of service with corporate as I did at the repair shop. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and still involved with this.

I would never recommend Sundevil to anyone not even to my worst enemy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 928031038101031/k2311a0328/3.28.10