Samsung YH-925
  • Although it is still relativly small I found it was taking up too much valuable pocket space when I had it on me
  • I believe this lag is due to the fact the mp3 player uses HDD memory as opposed to Transflash or SanDisk like many others use
  • I think the 20GB might be a bit of an overkill in retrospect

• by Steve B

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)
      The Samsung YH-925 is a great Mp3 player, at least that is what i’d be saying if it wasn’t for its minor downfall that made me sell it. First of all i’ll outline the pro’s of this mp3 player.

It’s 20GB size allow you to put on enough music to last you the rest of your life

pretty much, it also has other possible uses such as a personal voice recorder and an external 20GB hard drive when plugged into the computer.

The downside of this nifty little device is for one, its size.

Although it is still relativly small I found it was taking up too much valuable pocket space when I had ...

• it on me.

Another downside of the mp3 player is the fact it was so slow and ‘laggy’ when I was trying to go from menu to menu and switch songs.

I believe this lag is due to the fact the mp3 player uses HDD memory as opposed to Transflash or SanDisk like many others use.

I

found a 4-5 second period in which the mp3 player froze while I was switching menus or scrolling down between pages of songs.

Basically this mp3 player is great if you’re a very patient person with electronics and want to listen to a LOAD of music.

I think the 20GB might be a bit of an overkill in retrospect.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16811103810630/k2311a118/11.8.06