Malibu Pilates Total Dream Body Sculpting Workout  » Health  »
2.0
  • When I first saw this advertised late one night I thought it would be the perfect all in one piece of fitness equipment
  • I think I might have actually been happier with the cardio blast had it featured running around my chair a few times, at least my heart rate would have gone up and it would have been more fun too
  • The truth is it’s been kind of boring and the workouts all seem the same

• by Jude244

I had wondered if I had been premature and overly harsh in critiquing the Malibu Pilates Program in general, so I moved on past the 20 Minute Malibu Pilates Makeover that I had been using with my Malibu Chair. The next workout I tried was the more transformative sounding Malibu Pilates Total Dream Body Sculpting Workout. I just hope I see better results this time.

The workout begins with the same foot pumps in multiple foot positions just as my former workout had and then moved on to double and single leg pumps. Thus far I could really see no difference between the workouts and wonder why they are billed as separate workout at all.

In case you are unfamiliar with the Malibu Pilates workouts they are a circuit style workout

done using a specially made resistance spring chair. You use the chair to perform moves to tone abs, hips, thighs, gluts, arms, shoulders, and so on. When I first saw this advertised late one night I thought it would be the perfect all in one piece of fitness equipment. After it arrived I was not so sure.

Moving back to this specific workout, there were the Mountain Climber move, a calf stretch, and push downs using your arms. Again I am not seeing much of a difference from the 20 Minute Malibu Pilates Makeover workout and fail to see much impact from the “cardio blasts” that you get to periodically perform.

The cardio blasts are split bar run downs and are just not impressive. I think I might have actually ...

• been happier with the cardio blast had it featured running around my chair a few times, at least my heart rate would have gone up and it would have been more fun too.

After the cardio blast, I did some Swan Moves and some single arm stretches, but once again feel as though this is just a longer version of the other workout. It’s funny when I think back to the infomercial that sold me on the Malibu Pilates Program and it looked like so much fun. The truth is it’s been kind of boring and the workouts all seem the same.

When I finally saw a different move, namely a one arm pump down in plank position, I was so underwhelmed with this lackluster workout that it actually

just reaffirmed my original disappointment in the Malibu Pilates Program. While there were a few additional ab moves while lying across the top of the chair, I still don’t think this one was very different from my first workout.

I still have one more workout to try with my Malibu Pilates Chair but I am almost afraid to see if it’s going to just me a watered down version of this workout or a rehash of the original 20 minute makeover.

If you are looking for fun and exciting workout please move on. This one looks like a lot of fun on TV but I have found it repetitive and boring. I just wish I could have tried it out somewhere before paying all that money to have the Malibu Chair in my home.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428031037931031/k2311a0328/3.28.10