Walk Away the Pounds 1 Mile Get Up & Get Started Workout
  • Since I only had a few minutes to work out this morning, I thought I’d pop in my new Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds 1 Mile Get up & Get Started Workout
  • One of the best things about the Walk Away the Pounds program is that the workouts are perfect for people just starting out

• by Jude244

Since I only had a few minutes to work out this morning, I thought I’d pop in my new Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds 1 Mile Get up & Get Started Workout. Since discovering the series a few weeks ago, I’ve managed to pick up a number of her workouts in my local stores.

The workout I tried today was perfect as it only took 18 minutes and fit right in to my busy morning routine. If you are unfamiliar with the Walk Away the Pounds program, it is a home walking fitness workout. The walk workout features a set of core moves, slight variations, of these moves, and centers on walking in place which is performed after each move.

Since the last workout I had performed from the series featured

a three mile abs walk, I figured this one mile walk would be a piece of a cake. Wait, no scratch that, a piece of rice cake anyway. The first half mile flew right by as it was a nice low intensity and I was familiar with the core moves of knee lifts, front and back kicks, and side steps.

The second half mile however was a bit of a surprise as it included an upper body workout with a set of weighted balls. Now if I had known weighted balls were required I would have gladly picked up a set but it wasn’t mentioned until the workout began. In a pinch I grabbed a pair of hand weights which worked out just fine.

In sharp contrast to the mild first half, the ...

• second half featured an invigorating upper body workout which included holding the weights for the half mile and performing a series of lateral raises, overhead reaches and pull downs, and pushing the weight at the sides and pulling them in. As with the other Walk Away the Pound workouts I have tried, resistance training took place while performing the step moves. Music changes signaled increased or decreased intensity.

After I finished I really felt I got a great full workout in. Thanks to the constant walk moves and upper body work that 1 mile felt like so much more. In less than 20 minutes I was able to really get so much great toning and calorie burning in that it seemed hard to believe only 18 minutes had past.

One of the

best things about the Walk Away the Pounds program is that the workouts are perfect for people just starting out. Each workout explains the core moves and is easy to follow and then you can build upon each workout to increase your endurance.

Another great thing is that vary enough so that if you only have a little time you can do 1 mile or if you want to really burn it up you can do several. I have loved all the ones I have tried so far as each includes variations in optional equipment, music and concentrations of areas to tone.

In particular the 1 Mile Get up & Get Started Workout is a perfect full workout for some one short on time but still hoping to squeeze as much in as possible.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428031037921031/k2311a0328/3.28.10