Bally Tri-level Balance Board  » Health  »
  • That’s pretty much all it took since I love trying out new equipment anyway
  • Unlike the Pilates Twist Board which I found very limited, the Bally Tri-level Balance Board is quite useful in amping up many common exercises and breathing new life in to old standbys like push ups, and lunges
  • I think if you are looking to improve balance and coordination or want a new challenge for you existing workout, this board will offer you a fun way to engage your abs, and improve strength and stability
  • Also, really start slowly and perform the moves in a controlled manner to get the best results, and to avoid falling

• by Jude244

After being seriously unimpressed with the Bally Pilates Twist Board, I really hesitated purchasing the Bally Tri-level Balance Board.

The one thing that changed my mind though was seeing the Biggest Loser’s Bob Harper using a similar one to explain how it helps engage the core and increase the difficulty of a number of exercises. That’s pretty much all it took since I love trying out new equipment anyway.

When I purchased the Bally Tri-level Balance Board I received a 14 inch diameter board, and a single page fitness guide which included instructions on adjusting the height and 5 exercises that it could be used for. It is made of a very hard plastic and has a textured surface for better grip. Thankfully, this board was a little

larger than the Twist Board I tried and had a height cup attached to its underside to make adjusting it simpler.

The Balance Board, helpful for all fitness levels, lets athletes improve balance and coordination and also execute familiar exercises with a varying level of difficulty. The exercises included in the guide show how it can be used with many common exercises such as push ups, lunges, leg crunches, and reverse push ups.

There is really no formal workout included with the Tri-level Balance Board however it looks to be something that could be adapted to many exercises and workouts you may already do. The Tri-level Board is easy enough to adjust and can be used at all three heights simply by raising or lowering the height cup located ...

• on the bottom by rotating it.

Using only the five exercises given in the fitness guide, I was able to feel a real difference by using the Tri-level board. I am also inspired now to go out and find even more exercise suggestions beyond those given in the guide and will probably do some research online.

Unlike the Pilates Twist Board which I found very limited, the Bally Tri-level Balance Board is quite useful in amping up many common exercises and breathing new life in to old standbys like push ups, and lunges. Also, the fact that it can be height adjusted allows it to accommodate improving fitness levels and extends its usefulness over that of single height balance boards.

While the Pilates Twist Board may

have let me down, the Tri-level Balance Board has certainly been a welcome addition to growing home gym and a fun piece of equipment overall. I think if you are looking to improve balance and coordination or want a new challenge for you existing workout, this board will offer you a fun way to engage your abs, and improve strength and stability.

My only word of warning is to be careful when getting on and off the board, and maybe practice stepping on to it with free hands before attempting to use it with weights. Also, really start slowly and perform the moves in a controlled manner to get the best results, and to avoid falling. Please note that the Tri-level Balance Board can hold up to 330 pounds.

sonia says :

Are the exercises available online? I bought a Tri-level BB and the instruction sheet was missing.

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi sonia, I have a balance board and I get my excercises from the internet. Here is a link to one of my more frequently used sites. I am sure these can be done on each level of your balance board.

Jude says :

Hi. I`m not sure if Bally still has them online, however I did see information on Livestrong.com. Good luck, Jude

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428031037911031/k2311a0328/3.28.10