Dance Fit Cardio Salsa Sizzler Workout  » Health  »
  • I wanted to try this one the minute I found it at TJ Maxx
  • Since I was trying it for the first time and wasn’t sure what to expect, I decided to play it in segments so as to get a better feel for what was expected in each
  • Unfortunately once again the new moves made it difficult to keep up the combos and I often stopped to watch, which basically killed the cardio aspect of the workout

• by Jude244

If you love ABC’s Dancing with the Stars, than you may just want to try out the new dance based workout I just found and performed featuring famed chorographer Cal Pozo, and fitness/dance expert Lisa Wheeler.

In the Dance Fit Cardio Salsa Sizzler workout you will get to learn and master real dance moves featured on the show and receive a cardio based sculpting workout at the same time. As I have tried several dance workout videos including the Robin Antin Pussycat Dolls Workout, and the Crunch Cardio Salsa; I wanted to try this one the minute I found it at TJ Maxx.

The Dance Fit Cardio workout, by the same chorographer as the Dancing with the Stars Cardio Dance DVD, and The Biggest Loser Workout I II and III, features popular Latin dances and helps exercisers achieve the sculpted

look of a dancer.

As I have caught an episode or two of Dancing with the Stars, I have always been amazed when I see celebrities with no background in dance suddenly become so svelte and graceful. I was hoping to gain some insight with this DVD as to how they all train so well.

The Dance Fit Cardio Salsa Sizzler is broken up into 10 minute dance workouts which feature segments such as the Salsa, the Cha-Cha, and the Samba. In all, there are five segments plus a warm up or you can play the workout straight through. Since I was trying it for the first time and wasn’t sure what to expect, I decided to play it in segments so as to get a better feel for what was expected in each.

The Dance Fit Cardio warm up ...

• starts with Cal Pozo demonstrating shifting and stepping followed by a series of break moves. From the very beginning I am a little worried as this feels like more of an intermediate dance lesson and I am very new to this type of workout. After the break steps, there is a Salsa based step, a cross over, and a walk around turn. Already I feel a little uneasy and this is only the warm up.

From there I moved on to my first workout the Samba segment. This workout instructed by Lisa Wheeler, featured a Meringue March and had progressive moves in all directions, there was also a six count Mambo and a slow walk move with side breaks.

Oh boy, I liked it but was not ready for the difficulty of keeping up with all the new moves put into

a very quick changing routine. I can’t help but think this was meant for someone who is already familiar with Latin dance and not someone just starting out. Still if you already have a background in this type of dance this workout would probably be fantastic.

Next I decided to try the Cha-Cha session; here there were front and back breaks, and a triple step Cha-Cha to keep me busy. Unfortunately once again the new moves made it difficult to keep up the combos and I often stopped to watch, which basically killed the cardio aspect of the workout. I really can’t help but feel that this was fun but a little too complicated for a beginner to work out to.

One last thing to note, there was a bonus of a Salsa lesson for couples at the end which was a nice touch.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428031037901031/k2311a0328/3.28.10